Chapter Thirty-One

| TEAM UP? | 

Bucky, Sam and Cassie walked out of the police station, Bucky's arm was slung over Cassie's shoulder. Bucky had a stoic face and Sam had a small smirk on his face. He looked over at the couple he smirked as he said. "Well, I feel better."

"So do I." Cassie smiled over at Sam before looking up at Bucky who still looked as frustrated as he usually did when around Sam.

"I feel awful."

The two were about to walk down the street before they turned to the noise of a siren whooping. John and Lemar were leaning against a cop car, Cassie sighed deeply as the two men began to walk towards John who waved at them with a wide grin on his face, "Gentlemen."

"People." Cassie corrected, she found it frustrating when men say "gentlemen" or "fella's" or some other term that surrounds a man's pronouns. She was going to be feminine until the day she died.

John ignored Cassie's comment and crossed his arms over his chest, "Good to see you again." He looked between the three. "Look, if we divide ourselves, we don't stand a chance, you guys know that."

Sam rolled his eyes as well as Cassie. And Bucky just placed his hand on the roof of the car, "So what do you got?" Cassie bluntly questioned. She wasn't planning on staying and having a full conversation with the man.

"Well, the leader's name is Karli Morgenthau. We've been targeting civilians who've been helping Karli move from place to place." Lemar explained to the trio as he was leaned up against the car as well.

"We think that she's taking the medicine she just stole to one of these camps." 

"Well, there are hundreds of those all over the planet since The Blip." Bucky shrugged while he briefly paused, "So I guess you'll have to look real hard."

John just smirked at the brunette, "Well, good thing I have 20/20 vision." 

"Where is she now, Walker? Do you know?" cassie was quick to get back to the conversation, again, wanting to get away from the twp as quick as possible.

"No, we don't know, Cassie." Cassie was taken back by how forward John was, and how easy it was for him to say her name with no history between them. "It's only a matter of time before we find out."

Cassie smirked at him, seeing how agitated he was getting, she could also see how tense he was. So just to wind him up, she commented. "Things are really intense for you, aren't they, Walker?"

John began to glare at the women who began to grin at him, "Take it easy. Look, Walker's right. It is imperative that we find them and stop them. But you guys have rules of engagement and all kinds of authorizations you have to get. We're free agents. We're more flexible. So it wouldn't make sense for us to work with you." Sam began to explain to the blond.

As the three began to walk away, John called out at them, "A word of advice, then. Stay the hell out of my way." 

The three had walked for over ten minutes with no communication, Bucky and Cassie walked close to each other as Sam was beside them. "So what are you thinking?" Sam's question was directed towards Bucky, knowing that Cassie was probley in a world of her own.

"Well, I know what we have to do. When Isaiah said "my people"..." 

"Oh, don't take that to heart." Sam shook his head, cutting into Bucky's sentence.