Chapter Nineteen

| BROOKLYN NY | 

"I'm sorry. Can you repeat that?" 

"What I'm saying, Frank. Is that I resign. I'm moving away from Washington." Cassie looked out the window of the car while Bucky drove. They had been driving for over an hour and it was already becoming dark.

"You quit? Just like that?" Frank scoffed through the phone, intern receiving a sigh from the redhead.

"Yes, things have changed and I'm moving back home." She could see Bucky smile over at her at the word 'Home.'

"Mmhm." Frank hummed through the phone. "Fine. Hope you have a good time at 'home.'"

Cassie smiled, her boss wasn't the nicest man on this earth, he found it hard to believe things. But Cassie was always nice to him, making it hard for him to be mad at her all the time. "Thank you, Frank." Cassie nodded her head before she ended the call.

"Who was that?" Bucky looked over at Cassie.

"My boss. Ex- boss? Used to be my boss? He used to be my boss before I quit a few seconds ago." She chuckled, trying to find the words to speak with. Bucky just smiled at her before he looked back at the road in front of them.

The two decided it was best if they moved back home. Home is Brooklyn, New York. Cassie felt a bit weird that they were going to be moving back into Brooklyn with Steve, but Steve was gone. It was now up to Sam to take over the man mantle.

Cassie had a feeling Bucky wasn't happy that Steve was gone. But he was mad at his best friend for going back in time. He was just upset that Steve had never asked him or Cassie to go back with him. But Bucky didn't care if they were in the future or past, as long as he was with Cassie he was happy. 

"Why did you want to move back to Brooklyn?" Cassie looked curiously over at the brunette who drove with one hand on the steering wheel while the other was on Cassie's knee. 

Bucky sighed, thinking deeply before he explained. "I guess I just want to at least feel like we're back in the '40s. Ya know?"

Cassie nodded her head, her reason was the same. After the funeral, Bucky had asked her to move back to Brooklyn with him and the two would live in a small apartment and live at least semi-normal lives. 

"What about you? Why did you agree to come back to Brooklyn with me?" Bucky glanced over at Cassie while he stopped at a red light.

"Same reason I guess." She nodded her head. "Also maybe, I've lived five years without you. The only two people I had was Natasha and Steve, and now they're both gone. But I have you, and you want to go back to Brooklyn. So anywhere you go, I go." She added quickly to her first sentence with a small smile.

The two again rode in comfortable silence, an hour later it was dark and no matter how many times Cassie offered, Bucky still wanted to drive. In her sleepy state, the redhead her head leaned against the cold window. 

"Did you talk to Sam on where he's going? Is he moving back to D.C?" Cassie didn't even move her head to look at the man beside her. 

It took a second for Bucky to respond. Bucky and Sam never had much contact in the past, the only time they did they were usually bickering or fighting each other. "I don't know." He grumbled, as you could guess, Bucky wasn't a fan of the man.