Chapter Twenty-Six

| REVEALS AND CONFESSIONS | 

"Need a hand?" 

Cassie looked behind her to see Bucky with a smirk, "Just in time." She smiled at him. As she was about to walk up to him, the other truck drove beside the one they were on and the Flagsmashers stood up and faced the couple.

The two men ran towards Bucky while Karli began to fight Cassie. The English woman grabbed Karli's arm before throwing her over her head. "Cassie, y'know it would be handy if you could make some illusions right now," Bucky shouted towards Cassie as both his arms were held by the Flagsmashers.  

"I don't know if you forgot, but I could be arrested."

"Unless in an extreme situation. I would consider this an extreme situation, doll." 

Cassie paused for a second, contemplating whether or not she should change it. "Fuck it." She muttered, looking over at Karli that was now standing up. But before she could create an illusion to throw the Flagsmashers off guard, Redwing started shooting at them. 

Karli wasted no time jumping up high to grab the drone, but as she landed she snapped it in half with her knee. Cassie looked at the girl in shock, she was a Super Soldier if she could do that. 

"I've  always wanted to do that." Bucky shook his head as he was bent over and restrained by the two Super Soldiers. But one of them let go of him, just to punch him in the jaw. Infrurating Cassie. 

Sam was quick to come flying towards the group fighting on a fast-moving truck. He used his legs to kick Karli in the lower abdomen making her tumble back against Cassie. The English woman stood up after Karli got off her. 

"Good of you to join the fight, Sam!" Bucky used his leg to kick one of the men's shins, so they would lose their grip on him. Karli had managed to throw Sam onto the other truck with two other Flagsmashers before she turned to Cassie.

Cassie looked over at Sam who was on his back, two Flagsmashers holding him down while one towered over his body. She looked back at Karli before raising her brow, "Is that all you got? A few Super Soldiers?" She smiled softly, 

Karli ignored her and just charged, but stopped when a ring of "Cassie Carter's" sounded her. She looked over at the other Flagsmashers behind the real Cassie Carter who just looked as confused as she was. 

The young redhead guessed the real "Cassie Carter", but lose track when Cassie began to move her hallucinations. Karli eventually began to punch all the fake illusions, they just disappeared when she touched them. But when she finally thought she had the real one, it would just disappear. 

Cassie, the real "Cassie" just stood back watching, there was two- or three if you wanted to count her. Karli still hadn't figured out who was the real "Cassie Carter", and by her posture, you could tell she was becoming frustrated. 

When there was only one hallucination left, Karli turned around to fight it, but it disappeared when a familiar red, white and blue shield flew through it to knock the Flagsmasher that was hovering over Sam.

"If that was me, I'd be dead," Cassie complained to herself when she watched John Walker jump from a helicopter and land right beside her and knock Karli down. "Great." She muttered under her breath looking behind her at Bucky who was glaring at the man while still fighting. 

Karli stood up again, Cassie was going to throw an energy blast at her, but a man knocked her over while he swung down from the helicopter with a line. John had a large grin on his face as he looked the redhead up and down, she just looked him up and down, but more of a discussed look.