𖤈 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆: 𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔

"what did you get on our quiz earlier?" Jaemin asks while he takes a sip of his cold and fresh lemonade, humming at the sweet taste on his tongue.

"Fifty over sixty." The brunet boy across the table answers with a cheeky smile, giggling at Jaemin's flustered look. "Don't think I'm that stupid."

"I didn't." Jaemin mumbles sheepishly, sipping away on his cold beverage until it's halfway in the glass. "Just didn't expect such a high score."

"What about you mister down-to-earth? Surely enough you got a higher one." Jeno hums along, still smiling through the rim of his glass.

The blond haired boy shrugs his shoulders, "fifty-five." Replying in a casual manner.

"See? Much higher than mine." Jeno sends a wink to him, amused. To which Jaemin could only shake his head, a silly smile etched on his face.

If you're wondering how he exactly got here. It's pretty simple.

Right after class, Jeno asked him if he wanted to come over to his place; not for school purposes, but an actual hangout with him.

Luckily Jaemin was free, due to his two friends having their own thing going on (quite a coincidence), he shrugged his shoulders and accepted the invitation.

Hence, here they are; in Jeno's huge backyard, occupying the patio near the pool as Andre had served them some glasses of lemonade and a few snacks for them to enjoy.

There's still that negative thought in Jaemin that bothers him whenever he's with Jeno, telling and scolding him for giving in when in fact, he should just leave already.

But he's been brushing it off, getting easier as days pass by ever since that talk with Jeno.

Although he's indeed bothered by the facts Jeno had told him, involving his own two best friends, he tries not to worry that much.

Because as always, Jaemin has a habit of dealing with a few things later on, no matter how bothering and important it is.

Thus, he didn't let those facts affect his behavior towards Renjun and Haechan. He feels bad, guilty most specifically, that he tries not to make it obvious that he's hiding things from them.

Seeing as after all, they're hiding things from him too. Especially Huang Renjun.

After a moment of peaceful silence between them, ignoring the house workers walking around the place doing their respective job, Jeno then asks.

"Wanna head up to my room?" And for some reason, Jaemin didn't need to think twice as he nods in the next second, not missing a beat.

Following Jeno up to his room after the latter called for Smithers, kindly asking to clean up their mess on the table, both of them take place on Jeno's bed without uttering a word of complaint.

"I didn't tell them." Jaemin blurts out, wanting to start a conversation but soon cringes when he realizes the topic he has mindlessly chosen.

Fortunately, Jeno reassures him with a look of interest. "Who, and what? Specifically." Placing one of his square shaped pillows on his lap, sitting in front of the elder boy.