Chapter 39

Amara walked into the house. Jefferson drove her home once he picked her up from the hospital. He was quiet the whole ride there. It scared her. He would usually have something to say during these times. So she expected that he would give her some type of speech when they got home. But she was wrong.

"I'm glad you're okay," Jefferson said and kissed her on the cheek before going into the living room.

'Something is definitely up. She thought as she went up the stairs.

Amara went inside her room. Her eyes widen seeing Issac sitting there on her bed.

"What are you doing here? You were just in the hospital when I was there." She says and walks over to him

"I left."He responded

"Why didn't you tell me? I would've picked you up."

"I'm fine. I'm all healed. I came straight here."

"Ok, but we're just friends remember. You sneaking in isn't okay more." She said

"Sorry. How about I make it up to you?"He said
Issac leans in to kiss her and Amara moves back. She looks at him.
"What's going on with you?"She asked

"I thought you wanted to be back together," Issac said

"Of course I do but not with you acting like this."

"Acting like what?"

"Being too forward and not respecting my boundaries. You're not acting like yourself."

"You're tired. Let's sleep and talk about this later."Issac said

Amara nods. "Um, you're right. You can take the bed. I'll just sleep in the chair."She said

Issac didn't say anything. He laid down. Amara grabs a throw and wraps it around her as she sits in the chair near her bed. She looks at Issac worried. She could tell something was wrong with him.

A few hours later. Amara opens her eyes and looks around. She saw Issac wasn't in the bed anymore. She turns to see him looking in the mirror, holding a stun gun she borrowed from Allison a while ago.

"Issac, what are you doing?"She asked worriedly

"I didn't know you still had this."

"I forgot to give it back.

"You should keep it. There's still some of us who can't be trusted like the twins."He said

"Well, they aren't so bad. At least Ethan isn't. He helped me the other day. Giving them a second chance won't hurt."

"I knew you would say that."He said before walking out of her room.

"Issac wait."She says and tries to follow him. 

Something was holding her back. She looked down and realized Issac tied her legs together with her sheet. She shakes her head and grumbled. She untied the knot. It took her a few minutes but she finally got out of the restraints.

Amara picks up her phone and dials Derek's number. He didn't pick up. She tried again and still didn't get an answer. She didn't know who else to call. Scott was busy. Kira didn't have a car. There was one other person.  She sighs and dials the number. They pick up.

"Um, Hey Allison I kind of need your help. Can you come to pick me up and bring some non-lethal weapons?" She asked

"Yeah sure. I'll be there in a few."Allison said

Amara gets in the car and stared out the window.
"Where to?" Allison asked

"The school," Amara said