Chapter 48

Isaac and Amara went back to her house. They went straight up into her room and started making up for lost time. Issac kissed her, holding her close to him. She kisses him back full of passion, feeling warm inside. He pulls away for a second and takes off his shirt, keeping his eyes on her the whole time. They stumbled backward onto her bed. There were hundreds of butterflies in her stomach. She missed feeling like this. She missed Issac. He helped take her shirt off and proceeded to kiss down to her neck. He noticed something on her shoulder which made him pull away.

"What's that?"Issac asked

"What's what?" She questions

"On your shoulder."

"Oh, I got a tattoo." Amara answers and turns around, her back facing so he could see it.

Issac traces the words with his finger.  "We're all mad here." He read. "How creative." He says sarcastically

Amara chuckles and rolls her eyes jokingly. "Shut up." She muttered

"Okay but  seriously why did you choose that quote?"

"I don't know. It's just resonated with me.  I use to feel all alone with my problems. But now I know that's not true. We all have our own issues to get through and there's at least one person to help you with them."

He smiles, kissing her cheek. "Well, I'm always here for you because I'm mad about you." Issac looked at her "See what I did there."

"I did. It was cheesy." She smirks "But do you like it?" She asked

"Like what?" He asked then quickly realized what she meant. "Your tattoo. I love it. It makes you even more beautiful."

Issac wraps his arms around her and pulls her down with him laying his head on the pillow. She puts the covers on him and rested her head on his chest. He played with her hair. Her mind was filled with as many thoughts as there were stars.

"Hey, Issac."

"Yeah, darling."

"Do you want to go to college?" She asked

"I'm not sure yet. Do you?"

"I think I do. It's just something that I've been stressed about lately." Amara responded

"You know you don't have to go to college right away or even at all. It's your choice." He reminds her

"I know. It's just that I don't what I will do if I don't go to college."

"Well you didn't know what the Oni were but you figured that out. If you could something like that which rarely anyone can, you can figure out a college which millions of people do."

"Hmm, when you put it like that it doesn't sound so bad."

"That's because I'm great with words."Issac jokes

Amara scoffed but couldn't hold back her smile. She couldn't be more happier right now.

He looked around her room. "What's this?" Issac asked and picked up her journal on her desk.

Amara reaches over and tries to take it from him but he moved away before she could take it. "It's my letter diary. It's private." She said

"Did you write any to me?" He asked her

Amara held the journal against her chest. "Yes."

"Can I read them?"

"Maybe. Actually you don't really need to. I can sum it up in four words."

"Ok, what are they?" He asked intrigued

Amara smiled.  "You keep me balanced." She says "It was something Derek and my dad's girlfriend made me realize. With you, I'm 100%. I'm not overwhelmingly fairytale or overwhelmingly mundane. I'm just me." She explained and looks at him

"That was more than four words," Issac said and then chuckles looking at her slightly annoyed expression. "I'm kidding." He kissed the top of her head and brings her close to him. "The same goes for me. Your my anchor remember you keep me human."

Amara's smiles grew even more. Her cheeks started to hurt. "I'm so glad you're here." She said and hugs him

Issac hugs her back and buried his head into her hair. "Me too." He says and rubs her back.

After a while, they pull apart. Issac stands up and puts on his shirt. "I should hit the road. My aunt wants me home at a certain time. So no late-night visits." Issac said, "She wants to meet you by the way. I told her a lot about you."

"Sure I would love to. We will figure out a day so I can meet her."

Isaac bends down and gives her a quick peck on the lips. "I love you, darling."

"I love you, wolf boy."

"And I'm still the one who gave the other better pet name ." He smirked and then left through the window. Old habits never die.

Amara watched as he left and smiled. She puts on her shirt. Amara opened the journal and flipped to the last page. It was the last blank one in her book. She grabbed a pen and started writing.

A/N

Hey, it's PI day but more importantly it's been exactly one year since I published this book. I really wanted to complete this book by today but that didn't happen. But it's fine. Anyways just wanted to say thank you to all my readers even the shy ones. I appreciate every single one of y'all. One more chapter + the epilogue and then it's over. Thank you for making it this far

Also a little shameless plug I have a book called Lost One's of Neverland up. It's a Neverland retelling. Go check it out.