November 13, 2021

I've practiced my songs a few times this week, and I have decided something I had originally decided against. I need to learn a new song. But this time it's going to be a little different.

I talked to my youngest sister last night and asked her out of the blue to name a Christmas song off the top of her head. She said Christmas Shoes (which I might learn for next year).

Then she made a suggestion as a joke, but I was serious when I said that's a good idea.

So we agreed on Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. I'm going to play the music and she's going to sing. So instead of playing the words on one string notes like I've been doing, I'm going to play the actual music with chords. It's going to take a lot of practice and I only have a month (with almost no spare time on my hands), but I really hope I can actually pull it off.

We're going to wear Christmas hats and everything! And I won't be alone when I perform for an audience for the first time anymore, my sister doesn't sing in front of people either.

I just hope I can learn this song in time.

I finally found a pic for the cover (probably temporary, but we'll see), so now I am finally publishing this journal so nothing gets lost!