CHAPTER 8: BRITTANY, PART 2 - AMBITION

A/N 2024: mb guys, I'll upload the remaining chapters I've written three years ago. Enjoy!

Brittany kept looking at her reflection in the mirror, an act that annoyed Eleanor who's baking cookies.

"Brit, what are you doing?"

Oh, and they're at home at night.

"Looking in the mirror."

"And wasting your time." Eleanor added snarkily. "Brit, you're going to bed after this, not on a date with Alvin."

Brittany glared at Eleanor's reflection. "How many times would you tell me about Alvin, how many times will you disturb me, and how much will it take for you to leave me alone?"

Eleanor pondered. "Infinity, infinity, and forever."

Brittany focused on her own reflection.

"What are you preparing for, Brit?" Jeanette asked with her nose on a book. A book about psychometer or something, Brittany noticed.

"Acting."

Eleanor rolled her eyes. "Tomorrow."

"I will get that role. I'll get the lead role."

Eleanor mixed cream on a bowl with a beater. "Brit, not to offend you, but it's only the first day. Those newbies could get better, and Annie and Amber are not exactly the ones who give up easily."

"Which means you have a lot of competition." Jeanette summed up. "Eleanor's right. It's only the first day, everyone could get better."

"Whatever. I'm getting the role."

"How would you do that?"

Brittany smirked. "I heard that Writing Club and Drama will collaborate this year."

Both Jeanette and Eleanor raised an eyebrow. "So?" They said simultaneously in different tones.

"I'll volunteer to write the story and the script, and then I'll just nitpick a role."

"Then what are you gonna say?" Eleanor asked. "That you wrote the script so you deserve a role?"

"Good guess, Eleanor. That's correct."

Jeanette looked up from her book. "Brit, scriptwriting already deserves enough credit."

"Agreed. Don't hoard everything to yourself, you'll struggle."

"Hoard? I'm just taking what I deserve."

"Do it in the right way."

"It is the right way." Brittany insisted. "I'm just being smart, unlike Alvin who destroys everything to get everything his way."

"Alvin again." Jeanette commented before her nose touched the book she's reading.

"Alvin Seville. What's important in him that you always compare yourself at that troublemaker?"

"Nothing. Just to prove I'm better."

Eleanor rolled her eyes.

"Trust me, Jean and Ellie, I'm going to get that role."
____________________________________________________________

"Miss Brittany, if she would be so kind to write the script instead since she's both in Writing and Drama Club."

Brittany smiled. "Of course."

"That's the spirit! By the way, the genre will be action and Sci-fi."

Brittany's reaction turned horrid while the teacher had no idea except for his own smirk forming in his face.