CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

That night-
The party soon died out, people either crashed on the beds available or managed to get themselves a cab home. Due to the pandemic they couldn't go raving into clubs, but Lena couldn't care less, everything and everyone she needed were right there.

The breeze was frosty, chills pricked at her skin as she admired the dancing stars that twinkled in the midnight sky.

They were on the roof, Lena begged the sleepy Drew to take her up to admire the beauty that rose when the luminous rays died out. Without the glimmer of complaint, he immediately agreed, carrying her up the flight of stairs that narrowed at the door way.

"Its so freaking beautiful" she sighed taking in the silent night, she noticed eyes pressing into her side, turning her head to see Drew smiling in awe. "What?" She chuckled lightly, resting her head on her palm waiting for an answer from the now flustered boy.

"Uh, Um, you just- you just look beautiful" he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Lena looked at him for a minute, before bursting out in laughter.

Damn it, had he said something wrong? fuck, why was he such an idiot? play it off Drew just play it off.
"You know what fuck you, ya ugly piece of shit" he pretended to be offended which only caused her to laugh more, eventually it was contagious.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" she attempted to grab his face cheekily before he jokingly pushed her hands away.
She could tell he wanted to say something but he didn't he just sat there silently for a while leaning his arms behind his figure as she watched the muscles in his back tense from the flexing position that he was in. Holy shit he was hot.

He had his face turned away from her with a devilish smirk on his face, it was driving her crazy, why did he have to be such a freaking tease? You really wanna play like that Starkey?

Before she knew it she was straddling his waist, his head shot up instantly as she could hear his breathing hitch at the slight contact. Her heart fluttered when his hands found themselves to her hips, both still not saying anything the proximity was slowly vanishing.

Their noses were touching at this point, both scared to make the first move, her hands eventually latched onto the back of his neck as her chest pressed against his. Come on Drew, she's making it so easy for you, just fucking kiss her.

His eyes found themselves wondering to her lips and then to her eyes then back to her lips. This went on for a while. What was he so afraid of? They have kissed so many times before, they literally have seen each other naked. Maybe it was the fact that this was going to be different, that this kiss could change everything, it wasn't some meaningless kiss for a tv network, it was because both of them wanted it, they needed it.

Before he could spiral any longer she tightened the grip on his neck before lightly pressing her lips on his. Although already half expecting it, he couldn't help but widen his ocean blue eyes. After one kiss, there was a second then a third. He could feel her smiling into the kisses which only encouraged him to pull her further into him. Pulling at her thighs to slide over him.

There kiss became more passionate, both of them fighting for dominance as he deepened the kiss. The next thing they knew he was pressing his weight against hers, slowly lowering her down to the ground in a way of which he was now on top of her. She wasn't complaining, letting her hands trailed through his soft hair, tugging it as they both got more restless in each others hold.

Her hands slid up his shirt, she could feel his smirk against her lips as she ran her fingers up an down his toned skin. He let his kisses reach her jaw line as he gripped her upper thigh, eventually they both pulled away, gasping for air as he leaned his forehead against hers.

"Hi" he said with an exhausted yet full of life smile.
Thank god they had stopped, there was no way in hell they would let themselves have sex just like that, they both meant to much to each other. Yes the sexual tension was crazy, but they wanted to to everything right, Drew wanted to show her how much she meant to him, take her on dates, take her away with him, and when the time was right then eventually they would do it, that's if only they don't rip each other's clothes before then.

"Hi" she replied back to him with a cheeky smile, she had never been happier, for the first time in her life she felt that her life had finally fit together, that all the puzzle pieces had finally been complete. And god he was beautiful, it was those god damn blue eyes she thought to herself as he continued to look down towards her never leaving her gaze to stray for even the slightest second.

And there it was again, his soft lips were on hers for the second time this night. Before she could dreadfully pull him away from her to resist her own temptations he sat up and pushed himself of her. Sliding a hand down his face with a slight chuckle. "The things you do to me Gilly" Lena rolled her eyes playfully before latching her arms around his neck again.

"Get used to it Starkey" she said leaning her face inches away from him before lightly giving him a peak and standing up. She offered him a hand to which he looked at oddly, like she could really lift him, who was she kidding of course she couldn't but shut up Starkey let the girl have her moment.

"Yeah okay I don't got it" Lena struggled trying to pull the boy to his feet, she could her him let out a chuckle before lifting himself up. "You calling me fat Gilly?"

"Yes" she responded jokingly, before she knew it she was being lifted, thrown over his shoulder to which she protested greatly, he carried her back to their apartment to which he threw her on his bed. She gave him a suggestive look as she lay on his bed, he did nothing but roll his eyes and throw a pillow at her.

She curled up giggling to herself as he slid himself next to her. She found herself rolling on top of him, the single strain of light pierced through his window that showcased his forever blue eyes, he did nothing but stare at her lips intensely as if in his own sled confliction on wether to act on the impure thoughts that danced in his mind as she pressed her chest against his and how his hands subconsciously found their way back to her waist.

But before he could make a decision he could hear her sweet voice linger above him. "Took you long enough" she sighed before he lifted his head a little to see everyone of her gorgeous features.

"I was waiting for the perfect moment, I didn't wanna ruin it, you know being the coolest gal I've ever meet before" he spoke playfully as she rolled her eyes mockingly.

"Was it worth the wait?" She asked her eyes losing themselves into his as he traced patterns into her back.

"Eh" he shrugged his shoulders which only caused her to scoff and slap his chest.

"Asshole" she hissed jokingly before he wrapped his arms around her and flipped them both over so he could be on top of her again. Leaving a lingering kiss on her lips before pulling away laughing.

"You always find a way to be on top of me huh? She questioned only for him to answer cheekily.

"That's because you always find a way to be under me" she mimicked his grin as he tucked a piece of her fallen hair behind her ear. Shifting his body, he turned them both to their sides. Wrapping an arm around her as she snuggled into his arms.

"Why does this feel so normal?"

"Because we alway do this shit?" She replied with a satisfied sigh.

He let out a single chuckle before pressing a gentle kiss to her hair line. "Good night Gilly"

"Goodnight Starkey boy"

And just like that, the two best friend finally got together. He finally had her in his arms as something defiantly more than friends, now was the fun part, exploring where their relationship will take them, hopefully all good things in the near future. Will it make them stronger? Fall in love? Or will they crash and burn? Will she lose her best friend, her light, her saving grace from the shit hole she called life, only time will tell.

SO SORRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTER
But y'all can I just say, thank you for 3.6K
readers, like how did that happen I literally
had like 5 readers the other day 😳
anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter
let me know
-Lexi xx