Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Some time later I wake in bed with Dee, I dont know how I got here.

Creeping out the room I spot Brad down the hall, talking on the phone.

"No, I said no" he says in a strained whisper "I've told you, I've changed my mind. You aren't coming tonight" He starts pacing.  "I don't care... yes, your services aren't required" "I don't need to explain"

I retreat back into the bedroom,  I feel guilty listening to his call, but I had completely forgot about tonight. I wonder who hes now decided can't come. Is it because of me being there?  Is it James? Does he know, did he see us today? Or maybe another woman. I mean maybe a woman, he could have a partner for all I know, its not like we are seeing each other.

I lower myself back into be with dee just as the door creaks.

"Hey, your awake" Brad whispers "I was just coming to join you" his mega watt smile appears.

I can't help but return the smile " well we all can't hang around napping with Dee, some of us have to get ready for your business thingy"  I whisper.

"Ah yes that business thingy" he laughs. "Nothing to get ready for, everythings arranged.  Just need to get the amazing Orla and the wonderful Dexter Young into the car and we're sorted"

"I'll just get changed" I say as I get up "nope, thats all arranged for when we get to the house"

"I'll grap a shower" I half ask "nope, when we get to our house"

"I'll stick some make up o..." I stop "nope, our house"

Our house? hes said it twice, I hope this isnt another one of his compensation tactics. No not even he would gift a house.

"Let me brush my teeth?" "Ok I'll allow that"

"Allow, really wow?!" I call back from the bathroom and then shut the door.

Brushing my teeth I wonder what this house will be like, what to expect of it and this business thingy. Why can't I get ready here? Why does he want me there? Is it to do with the long forgotten art show? And who's now not allowed to go? why?

"Orla I allowed a brushing of the teeth not an 15 minute dental check up..." I look into the mirror with mouth full of foam, brush hanging down to find Brad behind me staring at me. Fantastic,  just what I need Mr Megawatt smile staring at me brushing my teeth.

"Sorry I just..." I shield my mouth from view and spit the foam "...what stop staring. Haven't you seen a girl brush her teeth before?"

"Its not that Orla" he says as he walks toward me, eyes still looking into mine through the mirror.  He lifts a handtowel and dabs my mouth, great I must have foamy spit on my face! "I really like having you here Orla, both of you. Your going to fit in so well at the house" I turn to face him, he graps me in a tight hug. My arms are trapped all I can do is feel the closeness, listen to him breath. I feel his chin and mouth resting on the top of my head. "God Orla, what would I do if you weren't you"  I look up, confused by the comment. He closes his eyes and kisses my forehead.  A long lingering kiss is  broken only by the sound of Dee stiring in the room next door. Brad looks long into my eyes, dont worry about tonight everythings sorted and you are amazing"

With that we leave the bathroom and ready Dee for the journey.