Chapter 5

After we had dinner. We pretty much ended it with a small errand to the Pet Store nearby.

Yuki suggested it would be a good investment if we bought Tom an name tag with his name engraved in it. So, we spend the remaining hours of the night in finding a place that does that.

He also bought a random toys so that Tom would be entertained. At the moment, I don't want to relive the part where he decline my love towards him. But, I can't just move on you know. Although he has a point.

Was it really infatuation — an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something. Crush? I have to clear up my mind before I struck another confession towards him again.

He is way older than me, I get that. But it doesn't really matter. If I really like that person, I'd rather go and chase him rather than sitting there and doing nothing.

"Date didn't work out well?" Uncle snapped me out of my thought as he hand me a soda in can. I popped it open. "It was fine, that's all I can say.."

He chuckled, taking a sip on his root beer. I want beer too. "I told you, love is tiring..Knowing that you're too straightforward type of person. You will always get into trouble."

Indeed. It was true, unlike my Uncle. I do know my priorities, my limit and how long I can stand it. "How did you know about it? Like, can you tell I'm having a crush on someone right now?"

"..Nishikawa Mayu, I practically raised you. I almost sounded like a father and I just know how you feel.." He took another sip, "I think you're too young to be in a relationship. It also hasn't been that long since.."

I had to stop him from talking or else the old cringey memories from the guy I cried my heart out flashes before my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I get it Uncle. But, I have to tell you this.."

"..I think this is not infatuation, Uncle. Like, I'm really inlove with this guy. You know, I feel like we're soulmates,"

Uncle held his hands up. "Hold on, hold, are you listening to yourself right now Mayu?" He shook his head, "Let's just assume it's a season of feeling, dear. You can't decide your destiny.."

"Unless, he has shown signs that he likes you too. That way, maybe both of you are meant for each other."

He never showed me any signs..All I get was straight rejection, does it count?