Chapter 9

For 5 days, I poured all of my emotions out. I was crying uncontrollably until I was feeling good already with a little help from my friends.

After that day, I never contacted Yuki. The same thing he did, he never talked to me as well. I also I acted so strangely that day. Like, it was my fault for risking it all.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" Uncle asks, he showed me the cooked smoked beef, really bribing me out. I shook my head, "If I'm being honest, no. Not really..but I know I will be fine."

"I call it right. It was just for a short period of time. Long term relationships is just around the corner but you have to find the right person, Mayu."

I'm glad that Uncle is not one of those people who would laugh at me for making such fast decision. Instead, he would favor me with his life lessons.

"So, care for lunch?" He spun around with the plate. Convinced, I decided to step out from my room and have a lunch with him.

"By the way, I have two news for you. Do you want to start with bad or good news?"

"Bad news."

"I knew you're going to say that, let's start with a good news then." He jokingly said, "You're going to Italy~"

I choked. I had to take a minute to repeat that again in my head. After chugging a glass of water, I cleared my throat and ask again. "With my Dad?"

"Well, yes??" He cheered, stuffing a mouthful of beef in his mouth. "The bad news is that..you're going to leave me." He fake cry.

I know he's trying his best not to cry. I just know my Uncle would've wanted me to stay here in Japan but at the same time, he loves my Dad very much. I pouted, "Come with me Uncle, I'm sure Dad would be happy too."

"No, no, the plane ticket is expensive. I don't want to put a burden to your Dad there. Plus, I can't speak Italian."

"So, am I. I just feel sad when you're not going with me, it's sad and how are you going to live here without me? Like, come with us. I can tell Dad how lonely you'll get here. Please, Uncle." I pleaded.

He refused, "Wow, you make it sound like I'm going to die sooner or later. No, Mayu, it's about time you should go and fill the bond that you and my brother has been longing. That old guy, all he ever wanted is to spend most times with you..So be it,"

"Plus, you're going after you graduate Senior High School. So, it takes about 5-6 months away? Hmm, you can have my time." Uncle said, making me feel better as I was almost crying. "I would die for a root beer, please."

"There, you and your fantasy with drinking. You're not in the right age to drink alcoholic beverage but why not. I bet Italy has a different type of beers, probably strong one." He stated as we continue to eat lunch.

𝗧𝘆𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗼𝗿: Most teens will try alcohol and smoke a cigarette at some point. Many will even try marijuana. Talking to your teen frankly and openly about drugs and alcohol is one way to ensure it doesn’t progress further.