Chapter 13

5 years have passed. Nishikawa Mayu had been settling in Italy for almost 3 years now. She was able to catch up with his beloved father. She was also introduced to her Aunt Linda which later on she referred to as, Mom.

Her Mom has given her much time and effort in learning and speaking Italian. Now, Mayu can converse and has been making progress in communicating.

Mayu also has a stepbrother, Giuseppe, a 16 years old that doesn't look a teenager at all, maybe because of his tall height and he has grown a lot compare before.

"Are you excited?" Her Dad asks. "Yes, yes, yes, I've been looking forward to this day, Dad." Mayu replied, almost jumping out of excitement.

Apparently, Mr. Nishikawa has been trying to apply for family reunification visa. He wanted to make sure Mayu's uncle, his brother, to come in Italy. Knowing that Mayu misses him very much. There were no days that Mayu mention his good parenting.

At first, Mayu thinks his father would be mad. But, Mr Nishikawa thinks this seems like an innocuous request. He knows what is best for her and his family.

A month ago, they received an approval. Now, all they have to do is wait for his arrival as her Uncle already flew about 12 hours ago.

"Maaaayu!"

It was montage of ecstatic loved ones reuniting at the airport. Mayu run to hug his barely aging Uncle. "I missed you very much," She said, almost crying but she choose not too or else they'll be a mess in the airport.

Everything has changed to Mayu, she's a grown lady now. All throughout her stay in Italy, it was different and yes, she is now matured. She learned how to limit her expectations, boundaries and apparently, her critical thinking and decisions.

"I missed you too, my dear loving Mayu. You've grown, you're a lady now, I feel really old."

She pulled away from the warm embrace. "Hey, I'm still a kid you're around, heh." They both chuckle. "If this isn't my old brother!" Uncle walk towards Mr. Nishikawa.

He pulled him for another hug. "I've missed you, thank you for taking care of Mayu, I owe you a lot."

"It's no problem, I guess I can consider Mayu as my own child now. You have a family of your own,"

Mr. Nishikawa immediately introduced his brother to his wife and their son. Mayu stood beside his Uncle, locking arms — just like the old times. She's so used to it.

"By the way, how is Tom? Is he really okay back in Japan?"

Mr. Nishikawa couldn't afford the expenses for Tom if he ever brought him here. Plus, there's nothing to worry about. Mayu's Uncle has this good friend that was willing to take care of Tom for the meantime, and they're okay to see him through calls and update them regularly.

"My good friend is a cat person, she's always a hands on. You don't have to worry."