Chapter 10

Clare's POV

It had been a few weeks since dinner with the Royals. Life went back to normal. Jenn and Gemma weren't asking if I heard anything from them anymore and they seem to have lost the idea that something was going to happen between Harry and I.

It was Wednesday night and I was currently watching the News. It was in the middle of a story about how airlines are ripping people off with ticket prices when the screen switched to a conference with the Royals.

The king was standing at the mic with the Queen and Prince Harry in the background.

"I would like to invite everyone in the country to attend a party being held Saturday. There will be a special announcement. If unable to attend we are live streaming the announcement at 9 pm on the news. Thank you."

The King steps back and the screen switches to a young reporter at the conference.

My phone goes off receiving a text.

Gemma: ready to go shopping tomorrow?

Jenn: Hell yea!

Me: why tomorrow?

Gemma: to get the best dresses duh.

Jenn: everyone will be shopping for the perfect dress.

Me: I don't even want to go.

Jenn: you're going.

Gemma: Harry will want to see you ;)

Jenn: OTP

I just roll my eyes at their comments. They're going to be so wrong.

Harry's POV

The last few weeks have been nothing but chaos. Everyone was bustling around for the party. We had just announced it and everyone was going crazy in the conference room. Reporters were asking what the announcement was and asking for details. I have no idea how this party will go down but I sure don't want to be there.

I walk back to my room. The stress had been piling on. My father keeps suggesting women to me but I just turn my head.

"Harry, tomorrow we're getting your uniform fitted for the party." My dad walked up to me.

"What time?"

"Some time in the afternoon. Are you excited to finally announce the name of the 12 lucky ladies." He grinned.

"Not really."

"Why not? You get to pick your future wife. Just like you wanted."

"But it's only a small amount of girls. What if none of them are the girl? What do I do then?" this competition was so frustrating.

"We narrowed it down so you could pick faster. You can't go on a date with every girl in the country. There's not enough time."

I sigh and wish my father a goodnight.

_______

Just a quick update. Can we get 5 votes?