Chapter 5

Harry's POV

After we took our seats I finally got a chance to see who all had attended. Basically, everyone.

Soon we would be eating which I was thankful for. My nerves had gotten the best of me and I lost my appetite.

Now that I was at the event it wasn't so bad. I wonder if Clare made it tonight?

Soon staff were asking for everyone to take a seat at the tables. They moved a bunch of tables to create a U shape around the room, my table at the front of the room.

We had a baked chicken with pasta. For dessert we had fudge cake. It was delicious!

After we finished eating, everyone made their way back to the dance floor and my parents told me I had to go make conversation with the girls here since one of them would become my wife in the future.

Kim was in the corner of the room, eyeing me to make sure I wouldn't screw anything up.

I turned, but not fast enough. Something ran into me sending me and the other person falling to the floor.

I look up to see Clare. Im immediately on my feet helping her up. She was holding her wrist with a pained expression on her face.

"Are you alright?" I asked. Oh no, I didn't mean to hurt anyone.

"I think so, my wrist just hurts a little." Clare says.

'Here, I can take you to the doctor. He isn't too far, only takes a few minutes to get to him." I suggest.

"Oh no, its ok, you should be here with your guests anyways." she tells me.

"But you are one of my guests so I'll be with you, one of my guests." I smile at her.

She giggles. "Alright, but I hope I don't get you in trouble for leaving." she looks concerned.

We make our way towards the doors.

"It should be fine." We walk on.

We don't talk as we make our way through the corridors of the palace. Clare is still holding her wrist. I hope its not broken.

Clare's POV

'I'm sorry for running into you, I wasn't watching where I was going." I apologize.

"I'm sorry too, I wasn't watching either." Harry smiles at me.

Soon we step into a chilly room with a man organizing a drawer of tools and supplies.

He turns towards us.

"Prince Harry! How may I help you tonight?" He smiles genuinely at us.

'We bumped into each other and she hurt her wrist." Harry tells the man.

"Let me see." He adjusts his glasses, pulling my wrist to him.

"Do you think t could be broken?" Harry asked.

"No, but to make sure i'll do some tests." I gulp.

"What kind of tests?" Im not good with needles.

"Only physical ones, don't worry." The man tells me.

I relax knowing no needles will be involved.

The man takes my hand guiding me to take a seat. He starts moving my hand around causing me to wince. He moves every one of my fingers then lets go of my hand.

"Clare, your wrist is only sprained." The man says while wrapping my hand.

Harry looks relieved too.

 "I suggest you take ibuprofen every four hours to sooth the pain" The man says.

I nod and head out the door with Harry.

I remember about what I was going to say to Harry. Its now or possibly never.

"Hey Harry?"

"Yes?"

"Im sorry this is being forced onto you." he looks at me confused.

"Whats being forced to me?" he asks.

"About the whole marriage thing and having this party to find a future wife." I tell him.

"Oh, Yea its ok I guess. I bet now you know why I was at the coffee shop" he shrugs.

"Yea." I simply reply.

We reappear into the ballroom, some girls sending daggers towards me.

Harry and I depart.

I find Jenn and Gemma gawking at me.

"Guys, we weren't doing anything. He took me to the doctor because I hurt my wrist." they still look stunned.

"SO?! every girl in this room was watching you guys when you left!" Jenn says giddily.

"So that's why they didn't seem too excited to see me again." I laugh.

"Don't sweat it Clare. They think of you as a threat now. This is sort of like a game to them. Who can get the crown? That's what they're competing for." Gemma tells me.

"Yea. But I don't see how I could be such a threat."

"Because you had attention from Harry that the others weren't receiving also." Jenn tells me matter of fact.

"You guys sure you aren't some sort of love experts?" I joke.

"Pretty sure!" they say in sync.

__________________

Authors note:

Sorry this was a short chapter. Do you like it so far?