Chapter 16

I'm woken up to multiple knocks on my door. I check the clock and it says its 8:30.

"Come in!" I shout.

Gretchen comes into the room and pulls back the curtains.

"Ahh!!! Give me a warning next time!" I cover my eyes from the blinding lights.

"Time to get up Clare. Today is an important day for you." she claps her hands trying to get me to move faster. 

"What? Is someone important coming?" I rub my eyes and sit up.

"No, but you have your first date with Harry!" she smiles at me with excitement. 

What? Why would Harry choose me?

"You're leaving right before lunch so we'll go downstairs for breakfast and then get you ready. Today is a lazy day for the palace so you can come downstairs in your pajamas but on days when we get company you'll usually dress more formal. And lets not tell anyone about Harry picking you just yet. In the past, the girls have been known to sabotage the date and harass the girl." I slip on some slippers and walk downstairs with Gretchen. 

I meet the other sleepy eyed contestants in the dining room. Harry was dressed formally and so was the King and Queen. We all sat and ate with quiet chatter. I sat next to Taylor and another girl named Reagan. 

"I wonder if he's picked anyone yet for his date?" Reagan said. 

"I don't know. I wonder if he has anyone in mind." Taylor said. 

"I don't know" I play along. 

I look up and catch Harry looking at me. He smiles and I smile back then we go back to our plates. It happens a few more times and we start pulling goofy faces at each other.

I finish eating and everyone heads towards their rooms to get dressed. I shower and wait for Lorenzo to show up. 

"Clare! Are you excited for your date with Harry?" he asks once I open the door.

"Yea!" I let him and his team into the room. "Do you know where i'm going?" I ask.

"You're heading into the city. I don't know what you're doing though so I need to dress you warm." He starts looking through my wardrobe. Lorenzo pulls out skinny jeans and a grey knit sweater.

"Put these on then we'll figure out the rest of your outfit." I go to the bathroom to change. 

I come out of the bathroom and Lorenzo hands me a black fleece pea coat and black heeled boots that go to my knees. He searches the closet and finds an Oxblood Leather Saint Laurent bag and a maroon cashmere scarf. He pulls me into a chair for my hair to get done.They put it into the perfect messy bun and applied light makeup.

Gretchen knocked on the door and walked in.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Yep."

I say goodbye to Lorenzo and make my way towards the stairs. I pass the common room and most of the contestants were there or in the halls. Taylor and Reagan looked excited for me when they realized I was leaving with Harry. 

"Oh my god have fun! Tell me about it when you get back!" they both hugged me. I kept walking and saw glares out of the corner of my eyes. I walked down the stairs and Harry met me at the bottom.

"Ready?" he smiled.

"Yep." I grabbed his arm and he walked me to a Range Rover. 

The girls were peaking out of the windows when we got in the car. I looked at the windows when we were leaving and some girls had been crying.