chapter 4

Clare's POV

I called Jenn to meet me and Gemma at "Jenny Packham" to go gown shopping.

It was about 6 P.M. and I was ready to go home and watch Netflix and eat ice cream.

Gemma had grabbed two dresses; a strapless black silk gown with a beaded design and a one strap yellow more flowy gown also with a beaded design.

Jenn found two dresses as well; a sleeveless dark purple gown that flows and a strapless green gown with few beading.

I only found one dress; a baby blue strapless gown that flows with slight beading towards the top.

"I cant zip it! Clare can you help me?!" Jenn strains.

"Yea, yea hold on" I zip up the dress all the way for her.

Jenn steps out of the dressing room and stands in front of the mirror examining herself. I really love this dress on her.

Its the dark purple gown. It really flatters her.

Gemma steps out to join Jenn in the mirror. Gemma  looks stunning in the black gown she picked out.

"I like this one" Jenn and Gemma say at once. We giggle and decide those are the ones they're going to get.

Its my turn now and im not so sure how it will look on me. Gemma and Jenn are sitting outside the dressing room waiting for me.

I slip on the baby blue dress and manage to zip it up by myself. I step out into the open heading for the mirror.

Silence. Silence is all I hear. I turn to Gemma and Jenn to see if this is it or not. They look awe struck.

"What? Is this not it?" I ask, getting nervous.

"Clare, th-that's beautiful." Gemma gushes about.

"Get it Clare. You look stunning." Jenn comments.

I turn towards the mirror thinking. The more I look at it the more I like it.

I turn towards Gemma and Jenn. "Im getting it". They squeal with excitement and we all share a brief group hug.

We all go to check out and bid Gemma goodbye.

"So what is this about." Jenn asks.

"Me and Gemma got invitations for the royal celebration for Prince Harry's coming of age for marriage. Its more of a set up and now I know why he wasn't smiling in the picture I saw of him and his family on the cover of a magazine. But anyways, the invitation said we could have a plus one and I thought of you of course."

Jenn squeals " Ahhh! of course I would love to be your plus one! Are you going to try and catch Prince Harry's eye?! Awww!! Little Harry and Clare babies running around the palace!"

"No, no, no, no, no, Im going to tell him im sorry that he is getting this forced on him and that it isn't right. He was wandering the streets a day or two ago but I didn't know why. I think he wanted to just get away for a little bit." I tell her.

"Aww that's sad. Isn't he twenty? that's young to get married but I guess you need someone to take the thrown if something happens to the king and queen."

"Yea that is young but that's a good point about if something happens to the king and queen."

Jenn nods her head.

We pull into the parking lot of our building. We grab our dresses and head into the elevator, pushing the 11th floor button.

"Jenn want pizza for dinner?" my stomach growls