Chapter 7

I heard my parents talking in their room when I passed to get to mine. I sprawled out on my bed hoping to have sleep take over for an hour or so but my mind was working over time.

Why were they pushing this on me so hard? I know I need a wife to take the crown but that's not at least for 8 months till crowning. Are they keeping something from me?

I heard muffled voices out in the hall. It was my parents and Paul. I moved to the door pressing my ear to it.

"I have pictures of the girls he was with." I heard Paul say.

"Excellent." there was some shuffling.

"Here she is. This girl right here. Her name is Clare and I need you to find an address and deliver this to her." there was more movement. I'm guessing to retrieve an invitation.

"Alright. I will get right on that"

"Wait, Paul. Don't let Harry know about this." my mother whispered. To late I thought to myself.

"Will do" and Paul took off down the hall.

A knock was heard at my door making me scramble for my bed. They couldn't know I heard their conversation.

My father walked in. "Harry, I need to talk to you."

I smiled at him. "What about" I leaned forward.

"About the crowning. I know its in 8 months and you have plenty of time but you really need to look for a wife.

"But why? Why so soon? I just turned 20" I sighed.

"Because its important. ok?" my dad sighed and closed his eyes. We say in silence, not know what to say.

"All you need to know is this is important" and with that he left.

~~~

I woke up to taps on my window and thunder outside. I hadn't realized I dozed off but I apparently needed the rest. I got out of bed stretching, lightning lit up the room for a second. I looked at the clock and read it was now 5:13 pm. It would be dinner soon.

Dinner, shit, that's right. Mother sent an invitation to Clare. I haven't gotten to know the girl and my parents will try to get us together, maybe.

If she chooses to come then I hope she doesn't get frightened. She treated me like a person, its been a while since someone treated me that way.

Clare's POV

 The afternoon was quiet. I didn't have work and I had nothing to occupy myself with. I tried going on twitter but my time line was empty. I just laid in bed staring at the ceiling.

My stomach began alarming me that it was time to eat. I didn't feel like cooking something so i just ordered pizza. The wait was 30 minutes. Lets hope I hold out.

15 minutes later the doorbell rang. Pizza was very early which was kind of odd but I'm thankful either way. I grabbed my wallet making sure I had a decent tip for the early pizza.  I opened the door only to find out it wasn't the pizza guy.

"Hello love, I just wanted to drop this off. Its an invitation for dinner at the palace. Its formal and we are expecting you to come. Have a nice evening." i think the mans name was Paul. He had come to the coffee shop looking for Harry. I looked at the envelope and then back at Paul. 

 "Thank you" I smiled and Paul walked back to an awaiting car at the end of the drive way. I closed the door confused as to why I was invited.

I walked to the kitchen debating if I should open it now or wait for Jenn to wake up. I'm sure she would want pizza so I'll be getting her up soon from her snooze.

I stared at the envelope debating what I was invited for. I'm sure Paul gave me all the information that was in the letter when he was at my doorstep. I decided to open it anyways.

Ms. Clare,

We are happy to invite you to a formal dinner tomorrow night at the King's Palace. Arrive at 5 pm and please remember there are no +1's or extra guests.

Thank You,

       King, Queen, and Prince Harry

This would have to be shared with Jenn and Gemma, immediately.

____________________________

A\N:

Harry turned 20 February 1st. His crowning is in November. That gives him 8 months to find a wife and have her crowned queen.

Also, I don't have a name for the King. I have Queen Anne and Prince Harry but I don't really want Robin to be the kings name. Any suggestions?

Last thing, I'm going to try not to switch POV's in the middle of chapters but its the beginning and kind of hard to create a full chapter from one POV.

I'm going to try to pick a day to update every week  so you wonderful human beings know.