Chapter 27

Christina King

I've never been more embarrassed in my life.

I just knew she was up to something, I should've realised it when I saw that smile on her face. Out of all things to do, this just happened to be the one she found would hurt me the most, bringing Leo up to my room when I was barely ready. A big thank you to Hailey for doing this, she just made me realise I should keep my door lock every single minute.

Looking at the bright side, I may have my face swollen and discolored but at least I had a dress on.

"Christina, what happened to you" Leo rushed to where I was, blocking my view of Hailey's smirk. That was the last i saw of her before she left my doorstep.

"You're in my way" Leo's tone may have been a little too harsh when he told Lucas to move and it was very obvious Lucas wasn't happy with it, his face showed it and just then, he turned away and left the room. I felt a pinch in my chest seeing him leave with that emotion on his face. I didn't know everything about him but with all I'd seen, he was a really nice guy and he definitely didn't deserve that. It was like hurting a puppy. I felt the urge to get up but that would mean there was something going on and I didn't want it to look like that.

"Did anyone hurt you?"

My attention was drawn back to Leo who was crouching in front of me and accessing the damage on my face. "No, I tripped and fell down the stairs"

"Are you sure no one touched you, this looks more than a trip"

"It's nothing"

"We have to see the doctor immediately"

"I'm sure it'll be gone in a few days, it's just a bruise"

"Have you applied anything to it at least?"

"Once again Leo, it's nothing and I'm definitely not having the doctor come over here for a simple bruise"

*~*~*~*

"And that's it Christina, just use this once a day and you'll be fine before you know it"

"Thanks Doctor"

He gave me a tight smile and proceeded to pack his things. Before you say anything, It took minutes of persuasion before I was finally forced to see this man. I couldn't do anything when I saw him walking through my door with Leo traiiling behind him.

I didn't know why he felt the bruise on my face was more than just a trip. He asked over and over again and even when I knew he was just being kind, something in me knew he was saying that cause he felt Lucas did it. It wasn't a conclusion, I just assumed it cause he kept using the words 'who's and 'he' when asking. I appreciated he was looking out for me but it was just a trip and there was no way Lucas would hit me. Not because I trusted him completely but he would be risking his job and it didn't look like he would want to lose that any time soon.

The doctor didn't do much, just like I expected. Just some pain relief and other stuff I didn't listen to. Hailey came in during the time and all my attention was on her cause I was worried she was going to do something bad. I didn't want her in my room or close to it but with Leo and another man in the room, it would look like I hated a young sweet girl. I was the only one in the room that understood what she was capable of so I watched her every move. She sat at the edge of the bed and even though her hands were empty, my gaze didn't leave her. She left after giving me an obviously fake 'sorry'. She was the best at faking being adorable and unlike the first time I met her, I didn't fall for it.

Leo closed the door after the doctor left and walked over to the side of the bed. For the millionth time, he asked again "Did anyone hurt you?"

"Leo, I've told you like a thousand times now, I tripped and fell down the stairs. Why would you think I'm lying?"