Chapter 1

I sighed and sunk back into the seat, starring at the window for the one billionth time that day

I had my aunt with me and I originally thought she would be with me throughout the whole trip so it made me feel better. It was saddening to later realise the only reason she decided to go with me was to get food locally made there and free transport. I wasn't shocked to realise it, knowing aunty Kayla only did things that would benefit her.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Still, it was nice to have someone with me throughout the hours I would spend here but my company was too busy eating and scrolling down her phone to pay the slightest attention to me.

"He said it last minute"

"Yeah"

"And I have no idea why I'm going. I mean, it doesn't make any sense, I don't know how the whole thing works"

"Oh really?"

"I have a very strong feeling you're not paying any attention to me"

She looked just as bored as the tone in her voice when and turned to me and said "Look here sweetie, I'm only here as an escort okay? I'm not following you to Jason's birthday party"

"I didn't say anything about Jason or a birthday party and I heard you say you're here for food so I know you're just using this opportunity as an advantage"

"I guess I don't have to explain then, it's good you know now"

"It doesn't make me feel any better"

"Fine, I'm pregnant. I can't go on my own, is that a good excuse?"

"That's always your excuse. I've met pregnant women and they're not usually like this.  Besides, you're just about four months, you bumb isn't that big, it's just the way you look regularly when you eat too much"

"Doesn't change the fact I'm pregnant and I get prioritized"

"Whatever"

I was slowly beginning to get tired of the whole pregnant thing. First, mom gets pregnant and I thought it would only get better from there but down my hopes went in the drain. She didn't have a bump yet when she started taking advantage of literally everything. It would be pregnancy this or pregnancy that. I was happy that I would have siblings finally but the process was stressful and with a mother like mine, everything is exaggerated. Then aunt Kayla got pregnant too and that's when the whole thing got worse. Even before pregnancy, she was just like mom pregnant. Now she has something growing in her belly, I couldn't describe it. I wonder how it was back in her house. I once decided to stay there for the weekend thinking it would be better than home but even before a day was over, I was back in my house.

"No matter what happens in France, I want you to understand" She paused and placed her palm on my shoulder "I really don't care"

"Yeah, cause you literally get everything you want"

"Oh, do you kmow what I got last week for Valentine's_"

"No, I don't and I don't want to hear it"

"Well, there's no going back cause we're on the jet an_ Wait, I have an idea."

It's may be stupid.

"What if"

It's going to be stupid.

"You phone your dad and tell him France is on fire"

Exactly, never expect much.

"France is not a building, it can't just go on fire. That's not how it works and you know that"