Chapter 18

Author's Note (Please read)

I uploaded a new story here on Wattpad two days ago titled Thorne Academy, please check it out and drop a comment on what you think about it. The chapters are ready and are uploaded every three days and sometimes, two so you don't have to worry about getting delayed. Kindly drop a vote and share too. Thank you.

You may read...

Turns out, Lucas was just as much as a foodie as I was.

Well, not the exact same but whatever, he ordered more than I expected. With a body as fit as his, you would think he would watch what he ate, no calorie rule and stuff like that but his was different and that confidence made me get more than enough for my grumbling stomach. We then found a suitable place to park the car and ate at the backseat where no one saw us through the tinted glass. For the first few minutes, I forgot everything around me and munched on my breakfast like a starved dog so once again, I successfully made a fool of myself but this time, I didn't care. What if i looked like a cow? Or if I was eating way too much at a time? I'd embarrassed myself too much so whatever, it's not like it was my first time doing it.

Besides, if he had half a brain he would know I'd done my best to look normal and that counts too, right?

"Oh my God, this is literally the best thing I've tasted in years"

"You don't eat fast food?"

"I do, rarely. I can't drive myself there, my parents wouldn't drive me there either cause they're the laziest and most sel_ I mean, busiest people in the world. You know, always busy doing business and stuff"

"Whenever you need it, don't hesitate to ask and I'll drive you here whenever you want"

"That's sweet of you Lucas but I eat more than you can imagine. You'd have to drive me here every single day if it was up to me"

"Well, you eat more than I thought any female would but I'll do it, if that's what it takes to do my job efficiently"

"I can't ask for a better chef_wait, I know that car"

Pulling up close to us was a familiar pink Tesla and a few seconds after, the driver's seat opened and lo and behold guys, the queen of fake tears and social media scandals. I could remember it clearly, it was the most trending topic a few months ago and she did every single thing to rub it on my face. It was obvious I could get it when I wanted but my parents were not the type to spoil me with riches. Though, I could use one of their's but it wouldn't be mine fully.

When Alex turned eighteen, a birthday party was thrown and everyone famous was invited, including me.

Sadly.

I made my mother make up a stupid story that I came up with a flu just so I wouldn't have to attend the party. Mom hated her mom just as much as I hated the daughter so she knew I wasn't going even before I said it. Dad never interfered in the topic, it was like a mother-daughter thing and only both of us understood how terrible the Coleman's were while dad was practically blind to everything.

The day went by and my phone almost exploded with notifications cause Alex decided it would be a great idea to tag me on every single post for whatever mature reason she concluded on. I guess it was to show me my life wasn't as fun as her's or something like that.

Fast forward to the end, her mother got her a pink Tesla and that pretty much made her birthday even more popular than it was. Numerous pictures were taken of every corner and edge of the car. It got to a point I could imagine the image even without looking at it.

My birthday came and guess who didn't get a birthday party that big or any type of vehicle?

Me.

And guess who was also in a Tesla that very time?

Me!

"Alex Coleman, I should've known" Lucas spoke up "I can drive us home if you want"

Her hair was up in a ponytail and a little messy at the sides like my best independent effort for a sleek ponytail. She had leggings and a grey sweatshirt on with white sneakers on her feet and sunglasses sitting on the bridge or her nose. Her appearance was very un-Alex-like. First, she didn't have make up on, not even lipstick on her lips and sweatshirt and leggings? She wouldn't do that on a normal day. If I wasn't so sure that was her car, I would've said it was a mistake and that the lady we were looking at was just a lookalike.

Did the shame break her that much?

Cause if it did then good for her cause I went through just as much when she striked and mine was worse than just sunglasses and sweatshirts. I couldn't even go out, I felt I would be hated everywhere I met people and the fear was enough to lock myself in my room all day. No exposure to the public.

"No, no, no, that'll just kill the fun. I need to know why she's here and probably film this if that's what it takes to show_wait, did you just say you should've known?"

"Yeah, I didn't know she would be here today. I thought she only came on Sundays"

"What in the world are you talking about? She comes here every Sunday for me?"

"No, it's complicated but I can assure you she isn't here to make fun of you or anything. I'm sure she had no idea you would be here"

Her car was at the other side of the road, parked opposite mine just a day after I ruined her reputation and what he's trying to say is that she wasn't there for me even after knowing fully well what my car looked like?

"Look here Lucas, whatever it is you think is complicated wouldn't be to me. Just say what you have say. I mean, now I know there's something you know about Alex, I might just be curious and wouldn't stop asking till I know what's going on"

"I don't think it's_"

"Come on, it can't be so difficult to say?"

"I know but you're both not in the best terms currently. Anything I say might make things worse and I really don't want to be the reason for that"

"Oh, I get it now. You think I'll let everyone know what you're about to say just to make fun of Alex? Of course not, I wouldn't do that to anyone. Listen, I didn't post the video footage of what she did in the party till I felt I was getting too much hate for a lie. I've known Alex for years and she has done a lot of things I kept quiet about. Trust me on this one"

"Okay" He sighed "But that's only because I believe you and you wouldn't disappoint me, would you?"

"Promise"

"The first person I worked for is Stacey Coleman and that was a year ago, when I was eighteen. She was seventeen at that time and we didn't get to meet that much but when we did, she made me her out sometimes and she usually came here on Sundays"

"Why?"

"I don't know, I left a few weeks after so I didn't figure it out"

"So that's raw truth that can make things worse?" When I was younger, my father used to teach me to doubt everything in the game of celebrities, some could go as far as ruining you just to stay at the top and keep the public smiling at them. Well, he also taught me a few tricks then, easy tricks on how to catch a liar and it didn't work till noe "Here's a piece of advice, next time, you choose to do this, check her schedule first or social media preferably"

"What are you talking about?"

"Alex does this stupid beauty treatment on Sundays and not a single Sunday passes by without the internet knowing about it. You just lied to me"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thanks for reading another chapter. If you feel there's any need to make some changes to this chapter or you find some things uncomfortable, please send me a message through Instagram @sophie.kenke or email @sophiaopeyemi70@gmail.com

Don't forget to comment and share to your friends and family. Check out my other stories in your free time