Chapter 7

Alex Coleman, daughter of famous actress and model Stacy Coleman, was publicly insulted by Christina King, daughter of Dylan and Diana King during William Aubert's party earlier today. The model claimed it had been a peaceful conversation between the two before Christina King proudly mocked her for being the daughter of a woman who, not only was once her father's secretary but also got pregnant for a man unknown to the public.

In witness's words, the young entrepreneur had called her a bastard, pauper and filth during their conversation while Alex had tried to apologize for any inconveniences caused by her. It later ended up in Alex storming out of the party and Christina a few minutes after.

Earlier tonight, Alex twitted 'My conversation with @theofficialchristinaking was never as I imagined it to be as I've always thought of our relationship to be based on friendship and nothing more. If I caused any unnecessary drama, I'm sorry to everyone that had to face that. A lot of you have reached out to me concerning this and I appreciate your care and support'

Christina King is yet to give a reply and_

"Miss King?"

The knock on the door brought me back to reality and my gaze on the phone was immediately broken. My eyes were heavy and strained from staring at the screen for hours already. It's difficult that even with all I've seen, it just kept getting worse and worse. Scrolling through social media had never been so discouraging in my entire life.

I'd lost over a lot of followers on my social media accounts which wasn't really the problem but the fact I had more hate comments than the cells in my body. Everyone was on Alex's side and the news, even though had tried to be as neutral as possible was also on her side. I didn't know how or when but my personal email got leaked and I had quite an amount of death threats, oddly.

I didn't expect more anyways.

The victim always had more fans and supporters even while telling an obvious lie. I thought of how she laughed at me twice in the party and how no one spoke a word about it. It was very clear she was mocking me then and one way or the other, it was perfectly concealed to he public. She never tried to have a peaceful conversation with me, it started with criticizing what I had on cause I had no idea what designer it was. Then it went on to her telling me how immature I was, if I got the perfect grammar to speak to Leo and on and on it went till this happened.

All because she let out fake tears and cry doesn't mean she truly is right. Something the public didn't understand. They all concluded I was the bad guy so in the face of the public, I was the worst person on the planet. I thought the whole party was kept a secret from the public, how did the paparazzi get to know about it? Then a couple of clout chasers or witnesses as they're called, lied about me calling her a bastard, pauper and filth.

Come on, I don't even have the heart to say that to anybody.

Last time I checked, literally everyone in the party were well known celebrities. They could've at least had some self respect and kept the lies to themselves. Or maybe it was just one of Alex's stupid plans to ruin me, I don't know, but things are getting extreme. Last time I checked, there were people around my gate and it took the estate security a lot to get them all out. I wasn't sure about it so I had to make sure my doors were locked.

I didn't spend a minute in the party before I left . Everyone was staring, whispering and saying things about me in my presence. I couldn't hear the words specifically but it didn't take Einstein to realize they were all about me. It was awkward standing all alone with every pair of eyes on me so I had to leave.

Kaitlyn knew all about it before I got back to the car and was sure to keep quiet throughout the whole ride. She offered to help in case I needed anything but all I really wanted was to go back in time and walk away when I had the chance to.

I got home a few minutes later and went straight to my room to have a nap and clear everything I had in my head. It didn't work. My eyelids were separated with different throughts going through my mind. First, I had broken all my father's rules. I spoke to Leonardo and the consequences was more than I imagined. Second, my phone kept buzzing with notifications on all my social media accounts. I actually had no idea how bad it was till I decided to scroll through my phone. It had only been a few hours since it happened and it was the most trending topic on social media. Everyone knew about the Christina King and how much of a meanie she was.

First day getting so much contact with public and I had ruined everything. Being in this position, someone everyone knew, was the most difficult thing on the planet. That was the problem, people would try to find one thing to make you feel like the worst person in the world. They could literally spend their time trying to find the smallest imperfection in you. Literally everything they did in their normal lives would be such a problem if I even tried to do it. That's why I did my best to not get so much attention all my life. I didn't want any of this for myself, I didn't even like this type of life.

Getting known by the public was the biggest mistake I had ever made in my life and it was too late to correct it. If I knew how it really was in there, I would've stayed back at home. Words could not describe how much regret I felt. My mom never had to deal with such when she first became known. The only topic she had to deal with was when she got kidnapped in high school which really wasn't her fault if I might add. My dad has popular since birth and besides his great accomplishments, there was nothing much about him. Then I came into the topic and practically ruined their reputations in an hour all because of stupid conversation with a girl I could've left when I had the opportunity to.

"Miss King?"

"Come in"

I heard the doorknob open and Lucas came in. It was obvious he too already knew about it and probably thought I was just as bad as the media portrayed me. I could feel the only reason he was quiet was to keep his job. He had half his head inside when he said "Dinner is served"

"I'll be there in a few minutes"

He nodded and left in silence.

Then what I'd been expecting for so long finally happened, my phone began to vibrate. Neither of my parents had said anything or reached out to me concerning what had happened earlier. I knew it was all an effort to give me my time alone, to make me feel better. I knew they were definitely going to call later.

I picked up the device and saw dad flash across the screen.

I picked the call and said "Hey dad"

Both mom and dad were displayed on the screen with aunt Kayla at the further end and her husband, uncle Ashton. They were all quiet at first, staring at me with the familiar look of pity flashed across their faces. I would give anything to leave this situation.

"Hey mom, hey aunt Kayla, hey uncle Ashton_"

"Are you alright?" Mom cut me off "You don't need to feel bad, we're not upset with you, okay?"

"Thanks mom"

"So are you okay? We can come over first thing tomorrow morning"

"Yes,  I'm okay and you don't need to come over.  Beore you go any further, none of what you saw or heard is true. Alex has always been a problem to me and you know that mom. She spilled drink on me twice when we were kids."

"What happened?" Dad asked "From the beginning"

"Well, I got into the party and was first welcomed by Leo, Williams son and you were wrong dad, he actually happens to be the best person to talk to.Then he took me around for a few minutes before he had to leave to deal with something important. From no where, Alex came to make fun of me first. She mocked me for knowing nothing about my dress then went ahead to tell me how I was small and immature after spending just a few minutes with her. I stood there and watched  her make fun of me for no reason at all. Then she yelled and started crying to get the attention of everyone. I didn't call her a bastard, I didn't call her a pauper, I didn't call her filth, I didn't make fun of her mother, it was a set up"