S1, Ep. 7 - When Strickler Came For Dinner

As I headed home from Eli's, I saw another car parked in the driveway. I didn't recognize it but then saw a car sticker on it saying something a teacher would say. I was about to walk in but then I saw Jim, "Seems like we're both late," he then walked in as he was still mad about earlier, yet not the top level mad whenever I tell him I kissed Steve. "Hey kiddo's.." I heard mom say as Jim walked in the house and I followed along.

"Nice to see you again Young Atlas.." That voice sounded familiar as I walked up and saw it was Mr. Strickler. "I don't believe we met in school..I am Mr. Strickler, I am your brother's history teacher.." We shook hands. "Nice to meet you.." he looked at me strangely. "You seem to be the one who is more creative.." I raised a brow, "What?" He turned over my hand, "Ink doesn't leave the artist in thy hands.." I totally forgot that I painted today. "Oh..right..", "Josie can you help me for a second.."

"Coming!" I yelled to mom as I looked at James, "Don't do anything stupid.." I glared at him, "Why do you assume everytime I am going to do something stupid..", "Josie!" I rolled my eyes, "One second!" He looked at me, "Fine I promise.." he glared back as I knew he was still hiding something. I walked into the kitchen as she needed and helped her plate food, "So how was your day?"

I asked her, "It was good, just the usual rush at the hospital..how was play practice.." my eyes widened as it brought back to the scene I would never mention to Jim about. "Oh. It was good." She looked at me, "Something happened.." I mumbled, "And that something might be?" I looked at her as I didn't know whether to tell her about the kiss or not. "Do you promise not to tell Jim.." she looked at me, "I promise.." she held out her pinky as I linked mine with hers. I bit my lower lip, "I had my first kiss..", "Aww congratulations honeybee..why is this something you want to hide from Jim though?"

I sighed, "Was it with that boy you were hanging out with?" I raised a brow as she meant Eli, "No. It was with..Steve..he was the understudy for James but now is playing  the lead since James absences.." she looked at me weird, "How many absences?" I just realized I tattled on him for not showing up. "Maybe around almost a weeks worth..", "I'll have a talk with him..as for now let's bring out the food shall we?" I nodded and grabbed two plates and walked out, "Dinner is served..thanks again for joining us Walter.."

"It was my pleasure Barbara..I had a nice talk with James, he told me so much about the play.." I could see her glare a little at him. "Oh like what has he said..I would love to hear it from my other bee.", "The play is going well.." she nodded, "Ok..have you remembered your lines or do you need another run through with Josie..", "No I remember it all.." I looked down at my plate as I saw a reflection of myself yet it wasn't me. It was showing a black knight armour helmet. "I'm not hungry.." I shoved my plate forward. "Okay..", "I'm not either.." I looked up as James seemed to be off. "Can I be excused?"  I asked as James just left the table, mom sighed, "I suppose..", "I'll help you clean up Barbara.." she smiled, "Thanks Walter.." as I left the table I went to my room and grabbed my sketch notebook. I started to sketch the reflection I saw as there was a knock. I looked up and of course it was James.

"Can I come in.." I nodded, he came and sat by my bedside. "What do you want.." I said, "Talking about what happened earlier..remember when I pulled Claire to the side and said I'll talk to you later.." I nodded, "Yeah..and it's later..Did you admit your feelings for her?" he looked embarrassed, "What?! NO!? Not yet.." I raised a brow, "Then what did you tell her.."