Chapter 2 The Love Story of Erin S. Reagan

It was a cloudy, Tuesday afternoon in New York City. Danny Reagan was walking in the park drinking a cup of coffee. He was waiting on his younger sister Erin. He was a detective, she was a defense attorney. Their whole family was involved in Police business, which, as you can imagine, got dangerous at times, but was well worth it as described by their father Frank, or the police Commissioner. It had been 20 minutes since Danny had sat down and waited for Erin, when she finally showed up. Danny said "Sure took you long enough." "Well, I'm so sorry, that I was serving the NYCCS." (New York City Court System) "Well what did you want to meet about?" "It's about this case I dug up. It happened about 15 years ago, about the boy who never returned home from a weekend with his mother." "Yeah, I'm familiar with the Tommy Hastings case, but one question, why were you going through police files?" "I did it upon the victim's parent's request." "Oh so, the boy's father came by your office requesting that you look into it?" "Yes." "I think something else." "Danny..." "You have a crush on the boy's dad." "I do not!" "Do to. So what you guys going to marry and have a little Erin, and little what's name." "Danny! I am not marrying the boy's father and we are not having kids. And his name is Brett." "Oh, my bad sis. I just thought that even a blind mouse gets a crumb every once in a while." "Have I ever told you that you are a pain?!?!" "I've been told." "You are annoying." "That's my job." "Yeah well get a new one. Hey I heard the NYPD is hiring." "Bye sis." "Ugh." Danny walked off with a smile on his face. He always teased Erin, but out of love. Erin headed back to the defense attorney's office building, and Danny made his way back to the NYPD. When he got there, a man was waiting with his partner, Jackie Baez. She said "Hey Danny, this guy says he's Brett Hastings, says he needs to talk to you about a case involving his son." Danny nodded, and Baez sent him back. He said "Are you Erin Raegan's brother?" "Yeah, and your son was Tommy Hastings, the boy who didn't return after a weekend with his mother." "Yes. Thomas Daniel Quentin Hastings." " Uh-huh... so uh, what do you want?" "He's alive." "Excuse me?" "Tommy, he's alive. My ex-wife didn't kill him." "Mr. Hastings, the NYPD searched your ex's apartment building, and found his remains." "Look I just need you to look into it." "I'm sorry I can't do that. The case has already been solved by previous detectives." "Please. You've got to help my son." "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do. Please leave." The man stood up and left immediately, walking as if he was frustrated. Danny walked over to Baez and said "That guy's a mad man." "Yep." "Can't believe my sister has a crush on him." "Your sister has a crush on him?" "Well, she denies it, but-" "But your aggravating her, and bugging her with it, because you think it's funny." "How'd you know?" "Raegan your pain!" "So I've been told." The rest of the day went great. Soon Sunday dinner rolled around. While they were sitting at the table Erin said "Mr. Hastings told me that you wouldn't help him." "Yeah so." Frank said "Who's Mr. Hastings?" Danny said "The dad of the boy who didn't return after a weekend at his mother's. The Tommy Hastings case." "Oh." "And Erin has a crush on him." "Danny! I do not!" "Do to. Why else would you want me to help him?" "Just to help him, you dummy." Frank said "That's enough." Danny smirked. After dinner was over Danny figured he'd head back to work, so did Erin. On Erin's way to work Danny was behind her. Why she didn't know. When she got to work, she got out of the car and started up the stairs. While doing so, someone jumped out and got on her. She screamed. Danny saw and got out of the car and said "HEY! GET AWAY FROM HER!" Danny ran over there and pulled him off of Erin. The man said "You know what Erin. You're an awful attorney, and you're the meanest one to." Danny threw him to the ground and hand cuffed him. He said "No one calls my kid sister names except me. Try it again and you'll die." Danny put the guy inside and Erin said "Thanks Danny." "No problem sis. Sorry I teased you." "It's ok. But do it again. And I'll do the thing I did to you when you stole my favorite hat." "Gotcha. It only happened because you microwaved my football." "I'm not arguing with you." "Bye sis." "Bye." Erin hugged Danny then left. And that was the end of that.