Chapter 6 Easter

Easter was just around the Corner, and every store in New York City, was filled with Easter merchandise. From crosses, figures of the Lord, to Bunny rabits, candy, stuffed animals, baskets, and many more things. But while some parts of the city were gearing up for Easter, other parts were just causing havoc on the streets.  Easter was in three days and the Reagans were excited,  as well as many others in the city. Every Easter their church has an Easter egg hunt in the front of the church, along with a little ceremony on the importance of Easter, and alot of food, games, and fun.  It was a cool, sunny, day in New York City, and  Danny was meeting his brother Jamie at his Precinct at noon. It was only 11:20 so he had some time. So he figured he'd pass the time by doing some desk work, that's when his wife Linda called him. She said she wanted him to go by "Party City" and get some supplies for the church Easter bash on Sunday. He said he would, but it would be later sometime, because he first had to meet Jamie at his precinct, then he had to go work with Baez the rest of the day until end of tour, then on his way home he had to stop for gas. She said that was fine, as long as he got the supplies. Just as he hung up, his partner Baez, got a case. She said "Hey, Reagan! We have to go.  There was a body found near the post office in Harlem." "Alright, I'm supposed to meet Jamie today, I'll have to cancel, and meet some other time. I'll call him on the way over." Danny and Baez got in the car, and Danny gave Jamie call. He understood, and said they would talk after family dinner on Sunday. When Danny and Baez got to the Harlem Post Office (HPO), they got out and went over to the crime scene. There was a cop over there already. Danny said "So who is this?" "We found his ID and his name Aaron Henderson. That's his son, Carter Henderson, 13 years old,  over there. He witnessed it." "Oh boy, 13 year old witness, poor kid." Danny walked up to Carter and said "Carter Henderson? You mind telling us what you saw happened?" "Me and my dad were walking through the park and  out of no where a guy came from behind that statue over there-" (He said this pointing to the near by statue). "And he had a gun. My dad threw me to the ground, and next thing I know I hear, bang, bang, bang. And my dad laying on the ground next to me. When I looked up the guy was gone." Baez said "We're very sorry for your loss, but could you tell us what the guy looked like?" "Um, short hair, about 5'5, and a snake tattoo on the left side of his neck." "Alright.You have our word we'll try our best to catch the guy who did this to your dad. You have any other relatives you can stay with?" "Yeah my mom, but I don't want to leave him yet." Danny and Baez left Carter alone and made their way back to their precinct. When they got there, they found a man  that looked like what Carter described, his name was Ronaldo Hermedez. Although, there was one slight problem, the guy was protected by Homeland Security.  Danny decided, he'd have a talk with Erin, so he met her on her lunch break at the park. He said "So hey, listen I need to get around homeland  security to get a guy who killed someone." "Homeland security? That's never stopped you before." "Yeah well, it's stopped me now."  "Well, I'll see what I can do, but one question, why am I always helping you?" "Because I'm your favorite brother." Erin rolled her eyes, smiled, and and made her way back to her office, while Danny made his way back to his precinct.  Finally Erin got in touch with him, and told him Homeland security would let him persue Ronaldo.  Danny went over to the last known address of the guy, arrested him, and brought him back to the precinct for questioning. Soon he confessed and got 20 to 40 for murder. Finally Sunday dinner rolled around, and when it did, everyone was ready for it. After they all got there, Danny pulled Jamie aside and said "What you want to talk to me about?" "Well, let's just say, I wanted to tell you, you are running the dunk booth at the Easter bash today." "Jamie! Great, just great. Actually guess what. Your going to fill in for me when I get tired of it. How do you like that?" "Fine." "I always knew having a little brother would come in handy some day." "Oh yeah how?" "If I don't want to do something, I know you'll fill in and do it for me." "*sigh*." After they talked, they went to family dinner. When they got in there, Jamie said "So, you guys running any booths or rides or games or anything?" Erin said "No why?" "Danny's going to be IN the dunk booth!"  they all laughed, and Erin said "I can't wait, I'm definitely going to dunk you about 20 times." Danny rolled his eyes. Soon the Easter bash rolled around. Nicky took Jack and Sean to the Easter egg hunt, while everyone else either played games, or DUNKED Danny. Everyone laughed, when they saw Danny go in, and it's safe to say, Danny had a pretty good time to. Jamie didn't even have to fill in for him, because he had such a great time doing it, he didn't want to get out the dunk booth. That Easter was one of the best the Reagans had, had in  while, and that really meant something. Thanks for reading, and HAPPY EASTER!