Chapter 1: A Party Gone Wrong

Warning for this chapter: Mentions of alcohol and getting drunk, but it's not in a particularly negative sense? Just leads to the chaos one might expect from the Hermits lol

~~~~~

As everyone gathered around the points board, the results were quite clear. With the left side having to be extended to fit the wins, neither side could deny that the Mycelium Resistance had indeed won. Grian dropped down from the top of the board with a whoop, followed by the triumphant voices of the other Resistance members. They'd done it. After months of back-and-forth pranks, the war was won, and Grian couldn't be prouder of his team that had come out on top.

Though surely disappointed, Scar approached Grian with his usual wide smile, putting out his hand. "Congratulations!" he said as Grian took his outstretched hand and shook it. "Even if HEP lost, this was a lot of fun."

"It was," Grian agreed. "Thank you for a brilliant prank war."

Several more "congrats," "thank you"s, and handshakes spread through the assembled Hermits before they began to disperse and return to their bases. Bidding a last farewell to Scar and those remaining, Grian spread his wings and leaped into the sky. Exhilaration washed over him as the wind whipped past, and he let out another celebratory cry. Still, he could hardly believe the Resistance won.

As he drifted through the skies towards his base, he decided a celebration among the Resistance members was in order. Tonight, if they were all up for it, they could meet at his base and just let themselves relax and party. It would be nice to chill out with friends after all the chaos the war had brought.

Grian pulled out his comm and messaged the other members to ask them. Within minutes, they'd all responded positively. Well, he needed to get things for a party set up then!

He landed gracefully outside of his castle, mind already bubbling with ideas. Much as he disliked it, he would have to do some cleanup first; the random shulker boxes weren't particularly presentable. He got to work immediately, and despite a few bound-to-happen distractions, the place was already looking considerably nicer within an hour.

If he knew himself, it wouldn't last more than a day, but for now it was nice.

Next up, he wanted to decorate for the occasion. Purple banners were hung over the main room, and the little leftover mycelium he had was dotted around. A couple of hours later, the main room in the castle was covered in mycelium-themed things, and Grian finally decided he was happy with the decorations.

He took a short break before finishing up getting some food, drinks, and games together. The agreed meeting time seemed to take forever to get there, but eventually, Grian heard rockets, wingbeats, and voices outside. With a wide grin plastered on his face, he hurried out to meet them. Everyone was there: Impulse, Etho, Ren, Doc, XB, Jevin, and Stress.

"Hey!" Impulse greeted, his large black-and-yellow bat wings spread out as he landed. Glancing around, he added, "oh, you've cleaned up for us? You didn't have to, you know."

"I know, but I figured it'd be a good thing to do. It's a special occasion and all," Grian replied.

"Well, I like it, dude," Ren grinned.

"Thanks! I've decorated the inside too. If you'll all just follow me inside..."

With confident strides, Grian led the Resistance members into his base. Their laughter and easy chatter filled the halls as they walked, and soon a flurry of awed compliments seemed to shower the decor Grian had managed in just a few hours.

"I like this," XB said, eyes flicking over the room.

"Yeah," Ren agreed. "It's great, dude. I can't believe you managed all this in a limited time."