𝟶𝟷𝟼 | 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝙸𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴 𝙱𝙴𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙴𝙽 𝚄𝚂.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐔𝐒⁰¹⁶

4.4k words. get comfortable.
minor errors, ignore them.

Your heart was drenched in turmoil as the realisation settled in your mind; you listened in on the foreign softness in his tone as he rested upon the other side of the door. A light commotion writhes through the cracks of the door as you inhaled the sounds of his jagged breathing. You could hear the cussing beneath his soft lips, and the playful nervousness that scarcely lingered as he knocked.

You could close the weary distance between the two of you, your hearts eventually warming once more. But you felt as if your dignity was what it was that made you feel as if you should free words or an action that would make him jealous, clearing his expression. An expression so nonchalant, yet so abnormally calculated with sharp precision.

"Sweetheart, itʼs cold. I donʼt want to be cold, I just want to explain myself. Explain why I had said all of that. Could you please let me in?" Youʼre stiff by his words. Your eyes controversially narrow as you rest them against the skin on your hand, feeling your breathing heightening as you had not an idea on how you should process the situation.

"Satoru, you know, it may be bitterly cold, but why should I let you in?" Your heart thud softly beneath your hushed tone as tears begin to leave your eyes. You could feel as Satoru was pressed against the other side of the door, his words running thin as he was unsure what else there was to say, minus the whistle lolly he held within his large palm.

"I... love..." You silently listen in on his words, waiting for his words to be the ones you thought it was going to be. It struck a chord in you as you were unaware of what you were doing, waiting for a man to confess to something he was unlikely to confess to. "Oh, goodbye, Satoru,"

"Wait. Y/n, I want to take things slow with you. I want to get to know you for you, I want to study more of you. I just want to be with you. If youʼd let me, Y/n?" You feel yourself begin to slowly section apart at his words. Words that felt right yet wrong as the conversation played out.