[A] Broken promise | hongjoong x yeosang

Words counted: 925

Trigger warning: death

Plot: hongjoong talks about a roller coaster he went through and a promise he didn't keep.

♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎

I still remember when we met:

"Hey if i'm right we have a assignment we have to work out together."

That is where our story began:

"Oh yeah you're right, you are kim hongjoong aren't you? We need to put this together, it's for a grade so it must become pretty."

We were in the same grade

I'm kang yeosang and you are from grade 3 right?"

We started playing together during break, you enjoyed playing with marbles a lot.

"You wanna marble with me?"

It was fun, we played even more often that i came to school the next day with a surprise.

"Look. Mommy said i could bring this bag of marbles, you can have some if you want?"

We played a lot during the time in elementary school, i learned a lot about you and we became best friends really fast.

"Do you w-wanna be my friend"

Then we got older, older and a lot wiser, we went to middle school, grade seven already. We got in the same class.

"Oh my god hongjoong we are in the same class!"

We were having our usual amazing time but that changed very soon when we both made new friends, we were distanting each other.

"Yeosang, i miss you, let's hang out again."

As we aged i couldn't believe it was true, i fell in love with you

"No please i can't like him!"

One day i confessed, i couldn't keep it myself any longer

"I like you yeosang, i like you a lot."

You giggled, i asked you the question that was stuck in my head and wanted to let out.

"Will you be my boyfriend."

Then you kissed me...

He leaned in, my heart was raising in my chest as your lips met mine.

It was one wonderful day, i was glad to now have you by my side as not only my friend but also my boyfriend.

"Hey yeosang... i love you"

Then we turned seventeen, i remember your birthday

"Happy birthday sangie" hongjoong lit up the candles of the cake

We were a couple for three years, i was happy to have you as my boyfriend. I was happy with you. But that all changed very soon.

"Joongie i feel ill"

You were long sick and decided to take you to the hospital, they took some blood from you to check if you were alright, I was hoping to hear good news but I got just the opposite

"Sir we are sorry but... You have been diagnosed with cancer"

I didn't sleep for days, Everything turned upside down, it was a whole roller coaster for me

"Joongie... i'm sorry"

you had to stay in the hospital, i hated it but i knew you needed to be healthy and alright.

"Joongie i don't wanna stay here"

After staying for months you could finally go home, you went to school again. We had fun, the fun i missed.

"Welcome home sangie"

Everything was going so well but again you were feeling ill.

"Why am i sick!"

I still remember when you told the doctor that he had to shave his mustache if he couldn't save you, if you weren't gonna heal anymore.

"Everything will be alright baby i promise everything will be fine, you will heal and be healthy, we are gonna be together for a long time."

Then my heart stopped working when i saw the doctor walking in... without mustache.

"Baby i'm sorry. I am so so sorry

I didn't want to believe that one day it was gonna be your end, why did you have to be sick.

"I don't wanna die Joongie"

One day i got the news your end was near, the doctors said if i didn't want to come, i didn't have to. But i went anyway.

"Joongie i'm scared"

I was extra clingy to you the last day, i squeezed your hand when the heart monitor turned into a straight line. the grip on your hand diminished, your hand slipped from mine. Then i realized you were gone. Forever

"No.Yeosang. No!!"

I cant believe you are gone, but your in a better place now and are happy. May your soul finds rest. I know you are watching me from the sky over and over again.

"S-Sangie are you there?"

Your funeral was hard, i never expected to see you there so early, i cried as your coffin got lifted in the ground and covered with dirt. You didn't deserve this.

"My deepest condolences Hongjoong"

I miss you sangie, i miss you a lot, my heart is breaking for you, i wanna see you so bad. You are so precious to me. I love you.. i hope to see you soon. Until we meet again.

Goodnight sangie, another day without you like all the others. I miss you so badly, but i love you more...

I continue living for you, i know you want to see me too, i know you miss me but i know you don't want me to suffer from you and let me continue to life.

"Sangie what would you do if i died?"

I'm sorry sangie that i couldn't keep my promise...

"Please continue living for me" yeosang said before the monitor went a straight line.

♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎

I just made an ocean of tears. I'm so sad. I continued crying while writing this...