2: Backseat Freestyle

Wynter Martinez >>>

First week wasn't that bad at the new school, but I guess it could have been better. I didn't get as much attention as my brother did, but I did make a new friend, Amanda Tesefay. That girl Lashay, that he's always hanging around is just straight up rude though. I don't know why the hell she needs to be so damn harsh to Amanda. Like what the hell did the girl do to you? Amanda is the type can't hurt a fly, so I don't know what the hell is her damage.

Honestly I think Amanda is one of the only girls in this school who don't seem all stuck up, and snooty. Well and that Alexia girl too, but then again she seems pretty close with Lashay, so I gotta keep my guard up around both of them. Something about the fact she hangs with Lashay makes me question her greatly.

I reached over to my night stand to grab my weed stash from my bedside table, before my brother began to scream my name from down the hall, causing me to drop the stash onto the hard wood floor. I growled, picking up my weed, before he shouted my name yet again. One time is bad enough, so what the hell did this boy need.

"Wynter!" 

"What?!" I exclaimed, rushing out of my bedroom in rage. Since the beginning of the week Julio has been grinding my gears with his bull shit. All I want is a calm quiet night by myself in the privacy of my bedroom, is that really too much for a girl to ask for? Can't he just hang out with one of his hoes from school or chill with his guy friends? Just so I could have the apartment to myself for once.

"I've been calling you for the past three minutes! Damn you need to get your hearing checked bruh. But anyways, I said do you come with me and Graham to a house party in Queens!" He responded, grabbing his car keys off the kitchen table as I stared blankly at him. I was a bit hesitant at first thinking of how insane I have heard New Yorker's can be. I don't even know how to board the subway in the morning to school without my brother beside me.  How would I be able to handle a house party out in Queens? Where the hell is Queens anyways . . . 

As much as I wanted to stay home, I brushed my anti-social ways off before nodding my head.  It may not be as I bad as I was making it seem so all I had to do was give it a try.  "Sure, let me go get my jacket." I replied walking to my bedroom, once inside I noticed my cellphone vibrating on the nightstand. "Oh shit!" I mumbled, diving across my bed to my phone. "Hello?" I asked more then greeted.

"Wynter?" The feminine voice on the line questioned, I felt as if I knew the voice from anywhere, but couldn't exactly put my tongue on whom it may have been. 

"Uh, who is this?" I asked curiously, I couldn't recall the last person I gave my number so I wasn't exactly sure who it could have been.

"Amanda." She replied quietly, barely over an audible tone.  She sounded as if she wasn't up to anything at the moment. 

"Oh what's up?" I questioned, a smile now forming on my face once I knew it was Amanda. 

"Nothing really, just sitting around." She replied nonchalantly.

"Wait. So you're not doing anything on this wonderful Saturday evening?" I questioned in a funny tone.

"Nope." She answered dryly.

"Goodness Amanda! Get dressed, and text me your address. I will be there in a few. Alright?" I instructed quickly, knowing Julio would have another bitch fit if I didn't hurry up. Especially if he knew we had to get Amanda.  That might piss him off even more that I was generously giving out free rides to people he didn't know.

"Uh...um. Alright." She replied questionably. "Where are we going anyway?" She questioned, obviously unaware of what the hell was going on.

"Don't worry!" I grinned before hanging up the phone. I rolled off of my bed with a feeling of happiness going through my body that I actually was making friends.   I grabbed the weed stash from my dresser before slipping it into my bag along with my lighter and rolling paper.  I then pulled on my black converse hi-tops that complimented my current outfit of black jeans, a white and red t-shirt and black leather jacket rather nicely.