Chapter 3

Third person POV

"What are you doing out this late?"

Oh god.

Tobio was not in the mood for a scolding, he decided to try and escape from Tetsuro's sight but he just yelled out for him, Tobio did not want to he caught.

"Oi!" Tetsuro was startled when Tobio tried to run away.

Tobio decided to stop so Tetsuro wouldn't make a scene and more guards would appear.

"What?" Tobio asked crossing his arms.

Tetsuro raised an eyebrow as if it was obvious why he was calling for him. "What're you doing out here at this time?

"My parents let me go out for a while," he quickly lied, but Tetsuro quickly caught on. "Yeah yeah," Tetsuro rolled his eyes then smirked, "I won't tell anyone."

Tobio looked at him sceptically and Tetsuro huffed out a small laugh. "C'mon, let's go for a walk around he grounds," Tetsuro took Tobio's arm to drag him around.

They bickered, raced around bushes and trees and most importantly, Tetsuro took him to magical places around the castle.

There were a row of cherry blossom trees that softly swayed in the light breeze and weak petals fell from the branches.

"Wow..." Tobio muttered.

"You've lived here for like... 19 years, how do you not know about this place?" Tetsuro laughed at Tobio's expressions.

"Correction, 20 years, and to be honest..." Tobio glanced at the largest one at the end of the row, "I didn't even know my parents liked cherry blossoms."

Tetsuro noticed how much Tobio seemed to like the largest one near the end of the row so he thought of an amazing idea.

"Race you to the big one over there!" Tetsuro pointed to the tree Tobio was eye balling intensely.

Tobio snapped out of the state immediately and cursed Tetsuro out because the little sh!t ran before he was ready.

Tobio managed to win and was breathing heavily while Tetsuro was slowly jogging towards the tree and collapsed beside Tobio giggling.

"Well done, prince," Tetsuro managed to breathe out.

When Tetsuro got no answer he looked up to see a distressed Tobio.

"What happened? Did you not like the fact I called you prince?" Tetsuro tried to get the answer as to why he looked so worried. "Tobio?" He hesitantly asked.

"This..." Tobio finally spoke, "this tree is a memorial for my grandad.." he pointed at the granite plate with words engraved in it.

Oikawa Itsuki

1847 - 1934

A father, brother and son.
Fought in the war of Seijoh I in 1877 and war of unity in 1866.

"Limits are an illusion to say you are tired"
- Oikawa Itsuki, 1866 in the war of unity.

"Oh wow..." Tetsuro gasped as he read the memorial plate over and over.

"D'you think all these trees are memorials for warriors?" Tobio asked gesturing to the row of cherry blossoms.

"Possibly, but that would be little soldiers for a war, maybe all your ancestors that were important in wars," Tetsuro shrugged.

Tobio decided he wanted to leave so he asked Tetsuro to take him somewhere else.

Tetsuro compiled and took him to an amazing fountain that had mint coloured water.

"This is amazing..." Tobio gasped. Tobio turned to Tetsuro and bowed at a 90⁰ angle.

"Thank you!"

He stood back up with his face red and hesitantly continued, "this was amazing, Tetsuro, I really enjoyed this," Tobio gave Tetsuro a small smile.

Tetsuro thought he was about to cry.

He went to answer but then they both heard guards coming their way with torches yelled things like, "have you checked here?!"

Tetsuro quickly took Tobio's hand and they ran to the forest just beside the palace and collapsed on each other just outside the forest.

They breathed heavily as they slowly got up.

"What are we going to do now?" Tobio asked, dusting himself off.

I actually really enjoyed writing this chapter! I did have to use maths for the memorial stone date (which isnt my strongest point) but just to clear up any questions, this story is set in 1966.

The next chapter will be out next Sunday!