Chapter One

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO AMBERFIRE101 WHO MADE THE COVER FOR THIS STORY! :)

Chapter One

"Blair, can you get that?" My dad asked indicating to the doorbell, shifting my youngest sibling Jax who just turned a year old.

I nodded, setting the plate I had in my hands down on the kitchen table and walked towards the door. I brushed the stray strands of reddish brown hair out of my face and turned the door handle, pulling the door open to reveal Libby Ember, my best friend.

"Hey." She greeted me, dusting some snow off her forearm and gave me a warm smile.

I shivered from the cold air coming in and my lack of winter clothing. "Hey, come on in."

She grinned, stepping over the threshold and stomping her boots on the rug there for snow purposes. I closed the door behind her, locking it.

"Who's at the door Blair?" My dad's voice asked from somewhere in the kitchen.

"It's Libby!" I shouted back to him over one of my siblings cries of protest. I turned to Libby who was hanging up her coat on the hook.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, peering out the window to the front door, "Especially in this weather."

She pulled a thick cluster of paper out of her back pocket that was rolled up. Once she unfolded it I saw that it was one of those British tabloids you buy off the store shelves.

"What about it?" I asked, taking the magazine from her frost-bitten hands.

"Flip to page twenty-three." She instructed, bending down to untie her tan colored combat boots.

I did as told, and flipped to that page. The title of that page was "Ariana and Nathan No More?" followed by a picture of me leaving a restaurant by myself in London, and a cracked heart in between a photo of Nathan and I holding hands.

"They have nothing better to do with their day." I said simply, handing Libby back the magazine.

She moved her pin-straight black hair out of her slightly tanned face and smiled, taking back the false reports of paper. "I thought it was quite whimsical."

I rolled my eyes and motioned for her to follow. I lead us into the kitchen where my dad was stirring a pot of macaroni and cheese, while holding Jax in his arms. Stella, who was turning three in a few months was sitting at the kitchen table smoothing a play-doh substance with her hands. And Logan, who was the oldest at five was drawing on a piece of blank white paper.

"Dad," I said, getting his attention.

He turned around and sent me a quick smile. "Yes Blair Bear?"

I groaned. "I told you to stop calling me that!" I complained.

He chuckled lightly. "I will never stop, just letting you know."

"Whatever. Look, anyway I was wondering if Libs could stay for dinner."

My dad set Jax on the floor, where he then crawled across the kitchen floor to the corner of the kitchen where a few blocks lay amuck.

"Sure, if you don't mind my famous macaroni and cheese." He replies, wiping his hands on a flower printed dish towel.

Libby laughed, "I don't mind. I actually do love it."

My dad nodded, "Then you can stay."

~*~

"Please put the phone down Blair."

I looked up from my iphone that Nathan had purchased for me. We had been texting about some plans on where and when to meet tomorrow for our 'date'.