23.

Lately I've been on top of the world.
Colby and I have been spending every second together, filming videos, going on dates, and just being happy.

But there's one thing I've been holding back from that I know can make everything come crashing down in an instant.

"It's not as bad as you think." Colby assures me, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

I smile as his warm breath hits my skin, handing him my phone.

Not one time in the past few months since the house introduced me have I checked any comments about me. I never knew if I could handle the hate, and Colby explained how territorial his fans can be so I just avoided it.

Until now.

He pulls up my Instagram first to the picture I posted of us yesterday, "Are you ready?" He asks softly, skimming through a few first.

"Yeah." I say, although my tone is still unsure no matter how hard I try to hide it.

He begins reading them aloud, "Omg Colby finally got a girlfriend... mom and dad... treat him right or I'll... well there goes my chance... I knew something was going on between them since the mall video..."

I sigh in relief, surprised that most of them are positive.

"I thought they'd be tearing your head off, but see they like you just as much as I do!" He cheers, squeezing me in a tight hug.

He reads a few more comments from his new 'Meet my Girlfriend' video. All the tension releases as the ones there are also pretty supportive.

"Baby... you're quiet." He calls me out.

I shake my head, pulling myself from my thoughts, "This is all just so crazy." I admit.

"Are you second guessing anything?" The sadness in his voice makes my reaction almost instant.

"No!" I blurt, pouting at him for even questioning it, "It's just so much to adjust to. Not you, but all of this," I explain, motioning to the screen with my hands.

He gives me a comforting kiss on my temple, "I'm sorry I come with all of this. It's one of the reasons I was so hesitant about you. It's hard to trust people when you're known on the internet."

"You can trust me. I want you. Not your fame, not your money. None of that."

"Well I plan to share it all with you."

***

Colby adjusts the volume on his laptop to its max, attempting to block the hum of music from downstairs. I notice a frustrated sigh slip between his lips.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go down?" I ask, feeling guilty he's missing the party.

"Baby," his voice is high as he gives me a kiss on the temple, "Why would I wanna be down there when I have you right here?"

I smile into his chest at the sight of him being content with me, "I could go down too?" I offer, still feeling that same guilt linger.

"Do you want to?" He questions, pausing the show we were watching.

"...not really no." I admit, earning a soft chuckle from him.

"Good, me neither." His arm tightens around my waist as I relax into him again.

We get another five minutes into the show before vibration surfaces beneath us. Colby checks his phone, immediately sighing and pinching his bridge in clear frustration.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Don't worry about it, baby. It's nothing-"

"Hey! You can't go in there! You need to leave-" Sam's muffled voice shouts from behind the closed door before it gets thrown open.

I sit up angrily at the sight of Morgan storming in, Sam trailing behind her in annoyance.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I growl, gripping Colby's hand absentmindedly for comfort.

"Jake brought her. He didn't know. But you need to leave, now." Sam turns his attention back to her, warning her sternly.

"Y/N, can we please just talk!" She pleads, her eyebrows knitting together.

I rise to my feet and plant myself in front of her, "I have nothing to say to you, Morgan." I say between clenched teeth.

Her eyes dance between me and Colby, who hasn't left the bed yet. As if he can read my thoughts, he appears next to me protectively, "You are not wanted here. It's time for you to go." He says coldly.

She stares at us with anger, her fists clenched tight at her sides, "Fine. Have you told her about Shea yet?" She asks snidely.

Shea?

"What are you trying to do here?" Colby glares at her.

"Just trying to look at for my friend."

Without hesitation, my hand swings and I smack her hard in the face. She doubles back, covering her cheek as she hunches over as if to protect herself, "Don't ever fucking call me that again. Get the FUCK out!" I shout, and Sam finally pulls her out of the room.

I stand frozen in place, deeply inhaling to calm myself down. Colby hugs me tightly, running his fingers through my hair to aid. I shove him away, feeling nothing but anger, "What the hell was she talking about?" I grimace, narrowing my eyes at him.

He stares at me dumbfounded, "Who is Shea?" I reiterate, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Shea is a friend I used to film with," He responds defensively, "Morgan is trying to get in your head, Y/N! Shea is nothing but a friend. A lot of fans speculated we had something between us and it caused me to put distance between us because of all the hate she was getting. There was never anything more."

The look on his face reads truth, but somehow, I'm still struggling to trust that.

Especially what he did with Morgan.

Is Shea really a friend? Or his he just lying to me like he always did?

***

Hi, friends!! So, I've been thinking about writing some spicy chapters. Yknow ;) how we feel about that? I don't wanna write anything that would make you guys uncomfy so give me your thoughts <3