2

It was the middle of the match and Itachiyama was currently in the lead by a set. The second set looked like it was about to go to them too, seeing that they were at set point, but that quickly transitioned into a duce as Aran slammed the ball down.

Before the next rally started, both teams took a second to attempt to catch their breaths. They were all exhausted due to the first set dragging on when it came to points. Their chests were tightening and their legs were slightly shaking as they started to give out. If someone ended up collapsing already, no one would be surprised. Some members never ended up switching out during the match and the only break they got was for water. A perfect example was Sakusa. Not once was he subbed out and you could see how tired he was in his eyes.

The entire time Suna was on the court, he always managed to keep up with Sakusa. When they used to play together, Sakusa was always Suna's test subject for his blocking skills. Since he was pretty close to the perfect height, he was always dead set on being a middle blocker. With his speed and his flexibility, he was perfect for the position. Keeping up with Sakusa the entire time was taking a toll on his body, but he didn't give up easily until they were in the lead. Usually, Sakusa made it past him with a one-touch but when he was shut out, Komori was right there to pick up the ball swiftly.

It was currently Atsumu's serve. Every once in a while he managed to get a service ace on them. There were also times where he either hit it out of bounds, or it was picked up. He took 4 steps back from the line and Itachiyama took a few steps forward. Getting ready for a jump float. It wasn't surprising that they knew his form at this point. Itachiyama has been their set opponent for the last year. Every time they were beaten, more game tension grew between the two school clubs.

Atsumu threw up the ball and served it, aiming for Komori. He received it overhand, but it was aimed incorrectly seeing as the ball flew into Inarkizaki's side of the court. Akagi dived to revive it, sending it back up in the air which allowed Atsumu to come under and set the ball. He had multiple spikers at his disposal and he used that to his advantage on various occasions, he had to become the best setter somehow. He passed the ball to Suna who easily made it around their blockers. It was going to be a point until Komori swept in seemingly out of nowhere. The ball was slammed down before anyone could react, giving Itachiyama a point.

It was almost 10 pm by the time the game was over. Inarizaki ended up snatching the second set by a hair, but Itachiyama still won the third set after a deuce that seemingly went on forever. Both of the teams collapsed on the floor, the sound of their hard breathing filling the gym. The smell of over 16 sweaty teenagers in one room was the least pleasant thing anyone could've asked for.

Suna was sitting on one of the benches chugging whatever water was left in his water bottle. When he dropped his bottle, he looked to see two familiar white pairs of sneakers standing at his feet. He looked up to see the smiling face of one of his closest friends. He silently slid over on the bench so that there was space for Komori to sit down next to him. He sat down and looked at him with a slightly concerned look on his face.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Suna sighed and looked up, being blinded a bit by the bright gym lights. He looked back down to see Komori's eyes still pinned on his face. "Are you?"

"I'm great! You guys are just really good opponents." He looked away from Suna's face to look down at the patterns on the floor.

"I could say the same about you. You guys are some menaces." Komori laughed which made Suna laugh a bit too. The sound was contagious.

"Anyways." Komori looked back up, completing their eye contact once more. "We're not going back to Tokyo tonight since it's far too late for that." He gestured out the window where it was pitch black outside. "I heard our coaches talking about taking us out to eat." His eyes lit up at the topic and Suna felt his chest tighten a bit.