Chapter I: Butterfly Mansion

*2 months later, Normal POV*

Shinobu: Kanae, are you sure that boy will be alright?

Kanae: Of course. Why, did something happen?

Shinobu: He's almost as bad as Kanao was. He won't eat, he wanders around at night not sleeping, and he keeps cutting at his wrists.

  Kanae gasps a bit after hearing that last part. She had developed a great sense of care for you over time, but she knew there was limits to how she could help you, especially after what you witnessed as a young boy.

Kanae: Sister, you must understand his pain. Like Kanao's it's a traumatic experience for a child to go through. Losing his family, being abused, finding joy only to have his entire world stripped away by losing his sister and his eye in the same night.

  Kanae brings her hand to her chin as she thinks of something to do to resolve the issue. 

Kanae: I'll talk to him for a bit, I think I can try to breach through his sadness.

  Kanae goes to your room and finds you sitting on your bed with a blankness in your eyes as blank with sadness as your hair falls to your shoulders, looking up to Kanae with a forced smile.

Kanae: How are you feeling today (Y/N)?

Y/N: . . .Fine.

  You say in a hushed tone with no real emotion behind your words.

  Kanae sat on the foot of your bed as she brushed some of your hair out of your eye.

Kanae: Your hair has gotten long. Are you planning on cutting it?

Y/N: . . .Don't know. What do you think?

  Kanae smiles.

Kanae: Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll look like the beautiful boy you were always meant to be.

  You give a soft look as some life fills your eye after that compliment. But the sadness was still apparent in your heart. Like your old life was torched and burned around you.

Y/N: This, hurts. A lot. But I don't know, am I really sad, or angry, or something stronger? I'm so confused.

Kanae: It's normal to feel those emotions. I'm sure you feel a mix of every negative emotion you could be feeling, but you don't seem that way on the surface. If you ever desire, feel free to let it all out around either me or Shinobu. I'd love to help you get through this and get stronger.

   She wraps her arms around you as you lean into her warm embrace. You feel your heart flutter a bit while in her warm hug. Tears streamed down your face as you lean into her more and hug her tightly.

Y/N: I want to kill him.

  Your grip tightened around her as anger filled your eyes making your tears burn as they streamed down your face.

Y/N: The demon that did this to me. Took my sister from me, I want to be strong enough to kill him. He made me promise that we'd meet again, then I'd be strong enough to kill him. He told me to become a Demon Slayer, then I could have a chance at revenge.

Kanae: (Y/N)-

Y/N: You and Shinobu are Demon slayers too right? Then couldn't you teach me ho to be one? Teach me anything at all? Please, please Kanae I need this. I want to do this, even if it means sacrificing my life!

Kanae: (Y/N), this job that we do, it isn't for everyone. I'm not saying no, but I just want you to be certain that this is something you want. Let's just take some time to decide, you are still young.

Y/N: But the monsters don't care how old I am. I won't lose anyone else ever again. My heart can't take another death. I want to be strong enough to keep it. To keep all of you close.

  You and Kanae resume your embrace for what feels like an endless number of hours.

Kanae: I promise, me, Shinobu, and Kanao aren't going anywhere. We'll be with you, and we'll help you every step of the way. I'm certain your sister, even in death, is watching over you as we speak. She wants you to be safe and grow. We'll help any way you need it.

*Sometime later*

Shinobu knocks on your door.

Shinobu: (Y/N), it's time to eat.

  She slowly enters to see Kanae asleep, with you asleep in her arms. Your tears still lightly streaming down your face in you sleep. Shinobu lightly shakes the two of you awake.

Kanae: *yawn* Hmm?

Shinobu: It's time to eat.

  Kanae yawned softly again as she lightly shook you awake. You cutely rub your eyes to see the two sisters in your vision.

  Kanae and Shinobu both lead you by the hand as you slowly began waking up. You were more calm then you were when you were talking to Kane earlier, but your feelings on becoming a Demon Slayer never changed.

  Much time has pass while you lived at the butterfly estate. Kanae was like a mother to you, Kanao was like another sister, though she didn't talk much, and Shinobu, well, funny enough you liked her a lot and did most things out of your way to make her happy. As you got older, you and Kanao noticed the training of the two sisters. The techniques they used and decided that you both wanted to do the same thing.

  You and Kanao continued to watch both sisters' as they practiced their breathing techniques. Kanae used a technique called Flower Breathing, while Shinobu used one called Insect breathing. The two were against training the two of you at first, but eventually the two caved in and decided to teach the both of you one on one.

  Many years went by as the efforts of both of you did not go unnoticed by your elders. Shinobu and Kanae watched as you and Kanao were able to mimicked their movements over time and you even managed to get a grasp on the breathing techniques you were taught.

  This gave you a new drive and sense of purpose. You wanted to live for this. Live for fighting. Also, deep down in your heart, live for revenge. Doma's face never left your mind, and even after many years, it never would.