Chapter VIII: Rehabilitation

Much time passed as you were taken back to the butterfly mansion, as well as some other Demon Slayers who got injured as well from the mountain. You were taken into your own room back at the manor as Aoi tried to free up enough time to help you. Though you were out for a bit from the loss of blood.

  Aoi said you'd be out for a couple of days, but there were a few people there that worried about you.

  One day while you were resting. Kanao came to see you. She didn't do much, just came in, sat down, looked and watched you sleep for a bit, then was on her way.

  Shinobu was busy with matters attaining to the hashira, as that night a meeting with the master was held after Tanjiro's trial.

Ubuyashiki: Just as you all have reported, the carnage of the demons has grown more than ever, meaning the threat to human life has grown more than ever. We must bolster the ranks of the Demon Slayers. What then are your thoughts?

Sanemi: The incident on Mt. Natigumo says it all. The caliber of demon slayers has dropped tremendously, most of them are useless. The trainers must have gone blind or something. You'd think they could at least tell if someone's competent or not.

Tengen: Well that kid today sure packed a lot of power. He landed that dazzling blow on you. He's got potential.

  Sanemi only groaned at the memory.

Shinobu: As the human race grows, it becomes harder to control and unify them. And in this era, it seems to be even more true.

Gyomei: There are those who've joined us after their loved ones were slaughtered. And there are those of known pedigree who have hunted demons for generations. But for everyone else that's another matter. Asking laymen for the same or even greater commitment to our cause I feel would be much too cruel.

Rengoku: But consider that this boy soon after joining encountered a member of the twelve kizuki! I feel he can draw them out, since even we hardly get the chance to face them! I am envious!

Mitsuri: Yes, even one of Shinobu's student's managed to slay it. Sure he had some help, but at the end of things he still managed to fight and kill it with his own power, at least in Giyuu's report.

Giyu: Yes. Yureihana was the one to kill the demon, though because of our corp. rules, he cannot be considered a hashira.

Mitsuri: What?!? Why? He slayed a Twelve Kizuki.

Obani: Yes, but remember the conditions. You have to be the highest rank, a Kinoe, then slay the Kizuki to be a Hashira.

Mitsuri: Either way, I feel it would be a huge waste of potential to just overlook his power.

Sanemi: I understand he has power, and is much more competent then the trash we have, but we can't bend the rules for him. 

  Mitsuri then looks to Shinobu for her opinion as she sighs.

Ubuyashiki: Shinobu. What is your opinion on the matter? Do you feel (Y/N) would make a good Hashira?

Shinobu: (Y/N) is a special case. Me and my sister took him in and trained him at a young age along with Kanao. He learned Insect Breathing but soon developed his own form of breathing he calls Phantom Breathing. From what I have observed, the breathing makes the user unable to be detected if used correctly, by killing off all emotion and hardening ones heart to all around them, one can enter a void like state and move outside of the human senses, even demons fail to pick up on it if they aren't aware. Though it requires a lot of focus and power. (Y/N) is talented and has used this technique to kill up to 30 or more demons by now, but I can tell deep inside he is truly broken. Whether he would be a good Hashira or not is beyond even me, I feel I would be unable to make the final judgment.