Chapter V: Blood for Yureihana

Much time later, you have been on a couple missions with Kanao as well as some missions on your own, you trained tirelessly in your own breathing technique to the point to where you would regularly collapse from exhaustion or even further your own injuries, though the payoff seemed worth it to you. At times, Kanao, Aoi, or the others would have to assist you back into the house. You had to look into other breathing forms for your technique to work. You researched the fluid movements of water, the swift strikes of wind, and the speed and power of thunder. Even watching and studying the movements of Flower breathing as well.

  So far, water, insect, and flower were the easiest to go off of for you. You only recall thunder from watching that Zenitsu boy perform it in final selection.

  You mostly handled yourself in a swift manner, and mostly remained undetected unless you very well needed to, which was not 

  You were at the Butterfly Manor doing pushups with Kanao on your back. Normally you'd have Aoi on your back since she was heavier, but she was busy with her duties. Since Kanao was outside training with you, this was the least she could do to help you further your own growth.

Y/N: 498. . 499. . 500!

  Your arms shake as you collapse to the ground breathing heavily. Kanao stands off of your back and offers a hand to help you stand. You couldn't help but look up at her for a bit, since the light behind her made her look more radiant in a way.

Y/N: 'Why is everyone in this Manor so beautiful.'

  She lightly takes your hand and helps you to your feet. Your cheeks were flushed with read as you smiled at her.

Y/N: Thank you.

  Kanao smiles at you as you notice your raven flying overhead. You remembered at final selection when everyone received their own birds, you received a raven instead of a crow, and Zenitsu received a sparrow.

*Flashback, Your POV*

  Right as we all received our birds, I noticed mine was a raven, as it landed on my shoulder.

  I was leaning against Tanjiro since he offered to help me stand up right and even he took notice.

Tanjiro: Whoa. I never would have expected you to get a raven.

  I didn't know the difference at the time, but I didn't understand why I got a raven.

Y/N: You think it means anything?

Tanjiro: From what I understand, Raven's can be seen as signs of misfortune, or bad things to come. On the other hand, they symbolize Intelligence, Cunning, Survivability, and Adaptability.

Y/N: Really? Hmm. Guess that's one way to look at it.

Tanjiro: Also, apparently they can be seen as good luck in finding a mate. Not sure how true that is, but it was just something I remember hearing.

*Present*

  You closed your eyes and smiled cutely as you thought about how amazing it would be if that last part about finding a mate was true. What if it was Shinobu you asked yourself. The Ideas going through your mind was making your face flush with all tints of red, making Kanao stare at you confused.

Kanao: 'His face is so red, and he's smiling a lot. I wonder if he has a fever.'

  Though you mentally slap yourself for your thoughts, trying to keep your composure like Shinobu would.

  Your raven leans into your ear and whispers something into your ear. You nod your head as you understand what the bird was telling you.

Y/N: Welp, looks like I have another mission to attend to.