Chapter IV: Nichirin

Once final selection was completed, you limped all the way back to the butterfly mansion with Kanao with you.

  You made your way to the mansion as you appeared to be on the verge of passing out. Though it wasn't too hard, since Kanao decided to help you by you leaning your weight on her shoulder. She was surprisingly strong.

  You were greeted by some of the other girls that resided there, as well as Aoi. Your personal favorite nurse.

Aoi: You guys are back! And (Y/N), you look.

Y/N: Pretty? I know, it's a new shade of excruciating pain and bleeding, felt right for the season. But we managed to make it through final selection. We are officially Demon Slayers like you Aoi.

  You put on another smile as bright as Shinobu's making all the other girls crowd around you and cheer for you both.

  Aoi rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as she goes to help you inside. Kanao goes with her to help you on your bed.

Aoi: You really are a hopeless case you know that?

Y/N: Were you worried about us?

Aoi: Of course I was. I'm sure Shinobu already told you, you're not that good of an insect breather.

  You look down a bit as you are seated in your room.

Aoi: I'll be back with some supplies to treat you better and see just how "healed" you claim to be.

  Before she left you stopped her by quickly grabbing her hand.

Y/N: Thank you so much Aoi. You really are a treasure to have.

  Her cheeks turn pink for a moment as she turns away.

Aoi: Well, it's whatever. I'm gonna go get the first aid kit.

  She rushed out of the room as you sat on your bed still thinking about that final technique you used.

  Kanao looks towards you for a bit until she then took out her coin and flipped it.

  It landed on heads.

  She smiles brightly as she looks at you.

Kanao: I'm glad you're alive.

Y/N: You really had to flip a coin to do this.

  She said nothing as she just bowed and then left.

Y/N: 'She's definitely a different case. Maybe soon she won't need that damn coin.'

  While you were lost in thought, Shinobu enters the room and grasps you by her hands as you feel your face heat up.

Shinobu: You both are amazing. I'm so glad you made it through final selection.

Y/N: L-Like there was ever any doubt.

  After some time, Aoi returned and proceeded to check up on you to see how your injuries had gotten.

Aoi: For someone who received all that damage, you don't seem too bad. Except your legs. They both are sprained in the ankles and there is some muscle tearing. How did you even manage that?

Y/N: I learned something new. Thank you doctor.

  Aoi sits next to you on your bed as she just stares at your injuries. Then she asks something you weren't expecting.

Aoi: What's it like only having one eye? Did it make it hard to fight?

Y/N: Well yeah. Only sometimes, since by depth perception isn't as good as it used to be. But by now, I've learned to adapt to having one eye.