Chapter VI: A Flower in Bloom

*Much Time Later*

  You had been gone from the butterfly mansion for some time now still out and about performing missions, even when your Raven order's you to take a break. But you know you won't become a Hashira if you do not kill more demons. Though you were in an immense amount of pain and exhaustion. But your sense of evil always was too good to pass up on the opportunity of killing demons.

  You decided to rest at a nearby inn as you managed to finally catch a breather from all the missions. But you could feel yourself getting stronger nd more powerful with time. With your knowledge of Total Concentration Breathing Constant, it made honing your Phantom breathing all the more simple, as you finally managed to iron out and make more forms for the style, which normally would take much longer. But you still sat awake, hardly able to sleep as your body only grew more injured in throwing yourself into fights with every demon you could come across. 

Y/N: 'I've managed to kill so many demons. This is harder than I expected, and it's been a while since I've been at the mansion. I wonder if Kanao is worried and misses me, or maybe Aoi? Maybe even Shinobu.'

  You think this over in your mind. You had to either kill one of the Twelve Kizuki to become a Hashira, or kill about 50 demons. You thought it would be easier to just kill 50 demons, though you knew you couldn't rest for too long, though your body required it. You had a lot of deep cuts that you managed to stitch and bandage yourself, with the help of some other people that crossed you along the way. But you feel yourself drift off into a deep slumber in the inn.

  Much time passes as you decide to head out for more hunts and more demons to kill.

*Time skip*

  You make your way through the mountains though you hadn't sensed anything evil for some time now. Though you felt other energies through the forest you were walking through. Suddenly your Raven landed on your shoulder as it whispered into your ear.

  As it feeds you the information you needed, you couldn't help but smile a bit. Though your body was still healing, you felt you were about powerful enough to handle anything the world could throw at you. You grin a bit as you begin to run. You run at high speeds as you remember your training days with Kanao and Shinobu.

*Flashback*

  After Final Selection, Shinobu and you talked quite a bit while you were healing. You noticed she was still always so happy, even after the death of Kanae. You understood Kanao's feelings, since she was too broken to have any, but Shinobu still soldiered on with a smile. The same smile you always wanted to bear.

Y/N: Shinobu, I always wondered.

Shinobu: Yes (Y/N)?

Y/N: How can you smile so easily. Especially after all that's happened?

  Shinobu looks at you for a moment seeing the look in your eyes. You showed no real signs of negativity, but she looked beyond your facade, she knew you were frustrated at the thought. The thought of losing a loved one to the same demon. The one that took away your sister, only for him to take another loved one away from you.

Shinobu: It's not simple. Though only the immature lose control of there emotions.

Y/N: What?

Shinobu: I was upset when I learned of Kanae's death, but me lashing out and being vengeful and angry will only cloud my judgment and make me irrational to deal with, even in a fight I would lose my way.

  You rememebr when you lost your sister. You couldn't control yourself with how you felt, even now you struggle to maintain a hold on your feelings.

Y/N: Do you think I'm immature then?