Chapter VII: Flowering Moonlit Grave

Some time after Tanjiro and Inosuke rush off, you try to recover as much stamina as possible. You force yourself to your feet and try to walk forward. Ozaki offers to help you stand as she throws your arm over her shoulder.

Ozaki: Let me help you. Let's be honest, I won't be much help in a fight. But I can hel you walk for now.

  You look at her with a mild surprise on your face. You sheath your wakazashi and just nod to her suggestion. Gripping your katana tightly and trying to hold it together so that she won't have to carry too much weight. She didn't feel strong, and it was clear she wasn't too powerful. 

Y/N: Why are you so weak?

  This caught her off guard as she stops walking and looks to you with surprise. But then she just looks to the ground.

Ozaki: Y-Yeah. I know. I'm not that strong. But I want to feel useful so that I can help my fellow demon slayers. I'm not too good with any breathing techniques either, so don't ask. I know you're thinking it.

Y/N: . . . .

  You both continue walking through the forest as you try to use your breathing to recover as much as possible.

Ozaki: I have to ask. Your fighting style is different. It's not like anything I've ever seen before. It looks roughly like Mist, but it kinda flows like water.

Y/N: It's a technique I made on my own. 

  This surprised her as she smiled.

Ozaki: That's so amazing!

  You reach to your side and take out a gourd and start drinking the contents inside feeling yourself relaxing with every sip.

Y/N: I guess. I originally was trained in the ways of Insect breathing, but my teacher told me I was too strong for that. So I combined the grace of Insect Breathing and other forms, such as water, wind, mist, and flower. A form forged from the essence beyond the Tori gates, and the realm of the dead. Using it to make a form that would drive fer into anyone who bore witness to it. My goal isn't just to kill, it's a form meant to petrify even the likes of the 12 kizuki with enough fear to crawl back into the depths of hell. But I must use it while remaining completely emotionless, cold, and focused. Something that not even the most heightened senses could detect, leaving one practically invisible, leaving nothing but a chill in the air. As if nothing was even there to begin with, like a ghost.

  Ozaki began to feel as though she was shivering from your explanation. She felt too scared to ask you any further, though one question did hang over her mind.

Ozaki: Then, why are you smiling?

  You felt your lips as they were twisted into a somber smile, one that always reminded you of Kanae.

Y/N: It's a habit I got, from one of my sisters, before she died. She always smiled, and it always made me feel warm. She was powerful, and so I wanted to attain the same power as her.

Ozaki: 'It's odd. Hearing all this from him with that smile. So much sadness in his words, a smile on his face, yet he felt so empty somehow. Like his words and face carried these feelings like a smell in the wind, but these scents fade just as they come, leaving nothing left but a hollow husk.' Then, what are your goals as of now? What do you mean by attain the same power?

Y/N: . . . I want to become a Hashira.

  Before she could question more, the sound of thunder echoed through the forest.

Ozaki: Was that lightning?

Y/N: There's no storm clouds in the sky though. But it's best we keep moving.