nine; taylor

author's note: hello this is gonna be a wicked awesome chapter i hope you're reADY!!!

"He did what?" Karlie shouts, her voice piercing my ears. "You're lying."

"No, actually, I'm not," I reply. My fingers trace my lips, where Harry's had been for what seems like two seconds ago. "I'm not too sure what to think of it."

"Well, did you like it?" Karlie asks the question I had been dreading to answer. Did I? Did I like the kiss and do I like Harry?

"I don't know." I bite down on my lip, running my hand over Meredith's soft coat. "I think I did and that really scares me."

"Taylor," Karlie says, dragging my name out. "It's been a long time since you've shown interest in a guy. I think if you like him; go for it."

"I'm not good at 'going for it', Karlie," I respond. "We can't forget the fact he's a celebrity! He is constantly in the center of attention, in the spotlight. I cannot do that. I could barely handle thirty seconds in front of all those paparazzi with their big scary cameras."

"There you go," Karlie says with an exasperated sigh. "You're just making up excuses on why you shouldn't get involved with Harry. He's a nice guy and he seems to like you." I roll my eyes as she refers to our awkward (for me at least) kiss. "Taylor, call him."

"Karlie-"

"Do it, Taylor Alison Swift! You deserve to be happy with someone!" The line goes dead.

I slouch back into my couch, my phone in my hands. My finger hovers over Harry's name. I throw my phone to the other side of the couch and put my head in my hands.

I shouldn't want to be with Harry, but I can't help but want to. He's everything I'm afraid to let myself want. I want to hold his hand in the city; I want to kiss his cheek and congratulate him when he wins an award with his band; I want him to comfort me after a night of tossing and turning; I want Harry Styles.

"What have I gotten myself into, Meredith?" I ask my cat, who only blinks at me. "Now I'm talking to my cat; this is great." I grab my phone and quickly text Harry: "Coming to the hotel. Open up when I knock."

I fly upstairs and throw my pajamas off, exchanging them for black skinny jeans and a leather jacket. I'm not thinking straight as I hop into my car, blinded by the perfect image I have painted of Harry and I.

As I pull up into Harry's hotel, my image is torn. The paparazzi, the long tours in which he would be gone for months, the screaming fans who would follow him everywhere, they all flash in front of my eyes. I debate on whether I should just go in, tell him that I'm not mad about the kiss.

"Fuck it." I jump out of my car, running to the back entrance of the hotel, running in as someone exits. I push the button to Harry's floor, tapping my foot impatiently once in the elevator. I step out of the elevator, walking as calmly as I can to Harry's room.

I stand in front of Harry's room, taking a deep breath before knocking.

"One second!" My heart beats against my chest. I almost turn on my heel to exit, but the door flies open.

Harry stands in the door frame in a sheer shirt that's half way buttoned, tight black skinny jeans, and black boots. "God, Taylor," he says. "I thought after you ran out-"

I cut him off. "What I'm about to do is something I would never in a billon years do. I'm not very confident at all, but just go with it and don't make me look stupid by doing this."

"Taylor, what the fuck are you-" My lips land on his before he can finish hi sentence. My hand rests on the back of his neck. Harry doesn't hesitate to kiss back. He pulls me in closer by the waist, forcefully and passionately kissing me. "God," he breathes. He shuts his door and pushes me up against it. "Taylor," Harry moans, his hands playing with the hem of my shirt. His lips detach from mine, but find my neck.

"Harry," I breathe, a moan escaping my mouth. "You have no idea how much I want to do this," I say, trying to concentrate on my words, but it's so fucking hard when Harry Styles is kissing my neck. "But, let's try to take this slow." He removes his lips, and pulls me into a warm embrace.

"We'll take it slow."

-

"You did what?" Karlie screeches.

"Yeah, I know. I don't know what's wrong with me!" I say, chuckling slightly as I mix the cookie batter in front of me.

"Go, Taylor!" Karlie says while laughing. "Oh my god, Harry Styles, the Harry Styles was about to get in your pants!"

"Shut up!" I say, setting my spoon down to put my hands on my hips. "And stop screaming so loudly, you have neighbors." I begin to mix the batter again, resting my phone between my ear and shoulder.

"Whatever," she scoffs. "Anyways, you have to call Ed and tell him about this!" I laugh and shake my head.

"One step ahead you."

"So you know he's moving out?" Karlie asks.

"Yeah, I'll be good. I can call you or maybe even Harry if, you know what, acts up and I can't sleep. Plus, I'm going to Dr. Wood tomorrow to pick up medication that will hopefully help with my restlessness." I reply.

"Okay," she says after a while. "Call me before you go to bed, okay?"

"Okay, Karlie," I say. "I'll let you go now."

"Goodbye, Taylor!"

"Goodbye."

For the first time in what seems like four hundred years, I'm content. Harry is going to be in New York for the rest of the month and I'm feeling a lot better than I have. For the first time in forever; I'm happy.

a/n:
just letting you know, things ain't gonna stay this great for long ;-)))