one; taylor

I wake up with sweat dripping from my forehead. I rip the sheets off my shaking body, bringing my knees to my chest.

"E-Ed!" I cry out, rocking back and forth, sobs escaping my chapped lips. "Ed!" My breathes become short and I soon find it hard to breathe.

"Taylor? Shit," Ed runs into my room, sitting on my bed and placing me on his lap. "Shh," he choos. "You're okay, you're okay."

"I-I," I try to speak, but nothing comes out of my mouth. I bury my face in Ed's shirt, soaking it with salty tears.

"Close your eyes," he says in a whisper, kissing the top of my head. "Try and go to sleep."

"I-I can't," I murmur. Ed sighs and a wave of guilt washes over me. "Ed you can leave. I'm fine."

"Taylor you are anything but fine," Ed argues. I lift my head from him and untangle myself from his arms.

"I'm going downstairs," I state, walking downstairs. My feet carry me to the dark kitchen, where I plan on taking something for my headache. My hands are clammy and still shaking as I grab a glass and fill it up with water.

"Taylor," I hear Ed's voice. I ignore him, turning the light off and making my way to the living room. "Taylor, c'mon."

"Please just leave," I exclaim, shutting my eyes tight. "I'm such a burden and I hate waking up at 2:00 a.m. with nightmares and having you comfort me. Ed, please just leave. It would be better."

"Better for who? You'd be awake at 2:00 a.m. and me awake at the same time, wondering if you are alright? I'd go mad," Ed whispers, taking a place next to me on the couch. "Now you need some sleep." I only nod, setting the cup down before Ed picks me up. I curl up into his chest as he makes the journey back to my bedroom. Ed carefully sets me down.

"Stay with me?" I croak out. "Please stay with me." Ed nods.

"Yeah, of course," he says closing the white door and sliding into my bed under the comforter. He wraps an arm around my waist, and soon I'm asleep.

//

My morning went on as usual. Ed was already gone when I woke, nothing but an empty bedside to show. I quickly threw on suitable clothing for the September weather and walked out the front door. I turn my radio on, hoping for some actual music to play. But instead I was blessed with Talk Dirty and gossip about celebrity's private lives we had no business knowing.

"And at number one we have Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner have split! Some witnessed a fight break out at a club where Kendall was rumored to be getting a little to comfy with one of Harry's band mates. Ouch! That's gotta sting." I roll my eyes and change the station, pleased when Fall Out Boy's Alone Together began to play.

My eyes shut in bliss as hot liquid flows down my throat. I rub the red lipstick that has stained the pearl white cup while silently reminding myself to not wear it when drinking at Maria's.

A head of blonde hair comes to vision, as well as a bright smile that seems to never leave pink lips. Karlie quickly walks to my booth, sliding in with her fancy drink that I never remembered the name of.

"Good morning, Taylor," she smiles, her presence making the already cozy café even warmer.

"Morning, Karlie," I reply, bitting into a blueberry muffin. "How was your morning? Did you talk to him?" Karlie rolls her eyes at my statement.

"No."

"Karlie..." I groan slightly. Karlie and her boyfriend of four months got into their first fight. She came to me for advice a couple of nights ago, crying her eyes out. That was the first time I had ever seen Karlie break down. I had cried with her, then told her she should talk to him. "Nothing is going to be resolved if you don't talk it through."

"I know, I know," she sighs. "I'll talk to him after this." I slightly smile and pat her hand from across the table. "And you? How are you doing?"

"You already know the answer," I respond, my boots becoming interesting under the table.

"Taylor," Karlie says, her lips pursed and her face hardened. "Seriously, how are you feeling?"

"Not okay," I give in, a shaky breath escaping my lips. "I'm trying to be better. To feel better. I try so hard, Karlie. I do, but then everything comes back and I break down."

"I know it's hard," she says, her eyes glossy. "And I know I don't understand what you are going through, but just know I'm here. Okay?" I nod my head.

"Okay."

"Good," she says, a toothless smile planted on her lips. "Now I'm going to take your advice and going to go talk to him." I get up and give her a hug, wishing her luck before watching her walk out of Maria's Café.

I finish my coffee and muffin shortly after Karlie left. I begin making my way to the subway, which I will take to Brooklyn for shopping. My boot covered feet carry me to the subway station. I put my headphones in my ears, pressing shuffle and leaning against a column while I wait for the subway.

The Scientist by Coldplay fills my ears, causing a barely noticeable smile to form upon my lips. The Brooklyn sub is called and I take a seat, leaning back and listening to the slow and calming songs on my music library.

The subway is quite crowded. Not even my music could tune out the sounds of chatter and the rails. Although, it did tune my thoughts out. Music is that way with me. Music is just one of those things I can't live without; I can't breathe without. I am pulled out of my thoughts what the subway comes to a sudden halt.

I stand from my seat, squeezing my way out of the train. I bump into a tall figure, only mumbling a sorry before making my way out and into the city.

//

hello beautiful people!

so first chapter, although it is a bit short...

sorry i just really wanted to get the first chapter out!! so if you haven't caught on, harry will be famous in this little au, while miss swift will not.

i really hope you guys like this because i am having a really good time writing it!

thank you so much for everything! i love you all to death! :)))

xox