The Silent Doll

---Prologue ---

“I want that doll mommy!”

“Why? It’s a hideous doll! It doesn’t look like it’s worth it.”

“I can fix it mommy! I can make her look pretty.”

“We don’t know how to fix dolls. Besides, no one wants an ugly looking doll.”

The little girl and her mom left the store in a heartbeat after what she had said.

----Another couple of years later----

“Look at this doll Samantha!” The brunette pointed at me.

“It reminds me of Dahvie Vanity.” Her friend smirked.

“Not even, besides this doll looks way better than him. I can fix her up.” She smiled as she held me up in the air and took me to the cashier.

“That’ll be eighteen dollars.” The brunette handed him the money and left with me in her purse.

We ended up being at her house and she gently placed me on the dresser of her bedroom. She slammed the door looking for some material to fix me. It will probably be impossible for her to fix me since she’s a teenager and I’m an antique doll.

She was gone for a while which allowed me to explore. I’m not an ordinary doll, mostly before when I used to be human I was always called the ‘Silent Doll’ since I had the features of a doll and always kept to myself. Until something went wrong one night and I came to be a doll. I was fourteen when I became this and so much time had passed so I don’t know my own age.

I go to being back to my old human form when people are gone, it’s the middle of the night, or when I just decide to. To me that’s just plain creepy…

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw what the little girl’s mom was talking about before. I can’t remember the last time I saw myself in a mirror. I touched my cheek that was pink.

My eyes were scarlet with a thick-dark line around them and my lips were a dark brown color. My hair was a dark deep red with a hint of black that was messy and loose. I kind of look like an emo or whatever that is.

The teenager’s footsteps were coming down the hall and I went back to being the same antique doll again. She carried so many materials I didn’t think that she would be able to handle this type of particular job. She placed it all on the bed and grabbed me.

“I’ll show Samantha that I can fix you!” She mumbled to herself.

She measured me as if I as a model and started to make clothes. She got dark material and made me a dark navy dress with puffed sleeves. She tossed the old green dress of mine aside and admired the new one she had made herself.

“Look! You already look beautiful!” She held me up to the mirror.

I did look a little better in the dress than my old one. After she was done with my dress she went on to my face and got paint. I didn’t know if she was either going to really fix me or just ruin me for her own fun. She gently got a pale light color of paint on her brush and painted around my eyes.

Thirty minutes passed and she finally finished my face. The brunette examined me and checked for any flaws that were left. Yet again, she left and I got the chance to look at myself. The dark thin line was replaced by a thinner line than ran around my eyes so it didn’t look as dark as before. I was surprised that she was able to do this and for a doll like me.

-*{The Next Day}*-

The brunette woke up from her deep sleep, yawning greatly.

“Good morning Saoirse.” She rubbed her eyes. 

A new name? I have a name but I can’t quite remember it. She’s must be a really nice person. The girl got ready and grabbed a bag and slung it over her shoulder. She ran out the door in such a rush and left me all alone.

“Finally...I can stretch out for a while.” I said quietly to myself as I jumped to the floor. My tiny doll form became no more as I gained my human like shape. I yawned and jumped onto the girl’s bed, sighing. It gets quite annoying when I have to go back to being a tiny doll. It just makes me feels so vulnerable and helpless.

“I thought I told you to go to school Alana!” A loud voice roared in the house. The door burst open and a lady with high heels with too much makeup appeared. I was back in my doll form so she couldn’t suspect me of anything.

“She bought another piece of worthless junk?” She hissed through her clenched teeth. “What a waste of good money.” She tossed me to the wall and left while I got back to being human size.

“Ouch, that hurt.” I rubbed my hurting head. That lady had already ripped my new dress! I held the dress to look at the rip and decided to sew it myself. How hard can it be? I sewed it up and it looked as if nothing ever happened.

I walked down to a big room with a rectangular thing against the wall. I started looking at the strange thing and pressed a button that made a huge moving picture appear. I jumped back and tripped, falling onto a soft couch. I watched it for a while until eventually I got bored of it. I went to the window and saw how blue the sky was. It was an amazing sight to see after being in a shop all the time. I gawked at the outside world wondering what it would be like to be another regular person like before. I stood there for a while until I realized that I could be seen at any time.

-*A Few Hours Later*-

“Saoirse I’m back!” Alana’s voice was heard throughout the house. I turned and looked at the door knowing she would be bursting in at any time. 

“You look so pretty!” She said to me in my doll form not knowing what I could change into. “Why are you on the floor?” A confused face replaced her smile.

“Alana!” The lady’s voice from before yelled out again.

“Yes, mother?” Alana answered quietly.

“Why did you spend money on a worthless doll?” Her mother came into the room.

“She’s a beautiful doll that I can make even more beautiful.” Alana defended for me.

“Stop wasting my money! You don’t need anything else! You have plenty of stuff here to accompany you! Why don’t you even go with your friends?”

The lady and Alana bickered until eventually the lady told her she was grounded for a month.

The lady grabbed me from the floor and took me outside, leaving the girl, Alana, crying in her room. The lady and I came upon a shed house where she put me into a box and locked the door.

What a cruel lady! She locked me in a tool shed!

I sat alone in the shed with hardly any space for me when I got to my regular form. The girl’s crying could be heard from where I was. This made me feel terrible.

After sitting in the old shed for a while I started to doze off and fell asleep peacefully.