Blurrred: Chapter 6

Christine and I were still eating dinner when a random kid came up to us. He handed me a note, quickly scurrying away afterwards. I quickly scanned the note, crumpling it in my hand. 

"What?" Christine asked, still waving the banana she had threatened me with. 

I scooted out of my chair. "I have to meet Ms . . . er . . . "I tapped my fingers against my hips, trying to remember Madysin's last name. "Ah, the activities director." She nodded.  

Now, I had gotten around to learning my way around the orphanage, and it was pretty easy. The long red - carpeted hallways were always recognizable even though they looked exactly like each other. So, I continued down a random hallway. I pulled the long purple sleeves of my shirt down. I never knew when my markings would come out of incognito.  

I came to a door that was labeled "KIRK, MADYSIN: ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR".  

I raised my hand, hesitating for a moment. Should I knock? My hand thought before my mind and before I knew it I had already registered three bold knocks. My body heated, suddenly feeling self - conscious. I slapped my arm. I needed to stop being so shy.  

The door opened to a relaxed - looking Madysin. She smiled at me, her warm brown eyes crinkling. "Um, you needed me?" I asked, lacing my fingers together.  

"Oh!" She said, raising her hands. "Yes, that's right. I have something very important to talk to you about." She ushered me inside, taking a seat at a redwood desk with three matching chairs in front of it. Her office had a business - like cozy feeling to it, and it smelled of fresh copy paper. 

I quickly took a seat in the center chair. She scratched her head. 

"Well, I know this is not my job to talk to you about this, but our manager is on vacation. I notified you as quickly as I could," She explained. I nodded, biting my lip. What was she talking about? Apparently I had a look in my eyes that said, "Get the hell on with it." My eyes betrayed me like that sometimes.  

She smiled sweetly. "You're eighteen, correct?" She asked. Immediately I caught on, pressing my lips into a straight line so I wouldn't smile. "Your parents left you a large, large amount of money. Texas state rules - well actually, America - is that the legal age to live alone is age eighteen. Here at this orphanage we are giving you a chance of buying your own home, or staying for adoption." 

I smiled now - I mean, I was finally going to live without any rules besides the law.  

"Unfortunately, you can't move back into your old home. It was sold and bought when you were still seventeen - you had no claiming rights. You can have everything that was in the house now, nothing of that was sold." I nodded at everything she said, absorbing everything she said. 

I would get everything back! My old clothes, hair things, the furniture and electronics . . . and my parents' things. What would I do with their clothes? Oh well. I would find a house with a nice attic. Then I'd hang pictures and stuff around my house. 

Shit! My dad had had a sixty - four inch flat screen TV. I smiled wider. This was going great.  

"I already researched some simple homes that you would like that have high schools nearby. I know that you would want to be going back to high school," she countered, handing me a few brochures.  

I nodded violently. She rolled her eyes. "Alright, shoo. Go tell your little friends." 

I thanked her for everything, hurrying out the door. I jogged back to the dorm. Christine would have probably been bored out of her mind, and left the cafeteria. With her banana. 

I smiled, shaking my head. Who knows what goes on in Christine's head.  

I had a strange urge to pull up my sleeves and peek at my arms. I obeyed, observing them. They quickly pulsed the usual lavender - lilac, and disappeared. I had no idea what they meant or what they did, but at least they were pretty. 

I had a strange sensation of being watched. Pulling down the sleeves of my shirt, I gazed around. Nobody was there. I sighed. Being paranoid was usually my thing. 

Before I knew it I was at my dorm, pulling open the dorm. Christine was back, of course - her banana wavering in front of Jessica's face. She quickly pulled back and tossed the banana against the wall, giving it a reasonably large bruise.  

I was trying extremely hard to keep a straight face, but I was beaming already. I held up the envelope, and quickly told them about what had happened with Ms. Kirk. Even Patricia had made an effort to stay awake to listen to my rant. 

Now what was left to do was to open the envelope. The girls huddled around me, anticipating the arrival of my "large amount of money".  

I ripped open the envelope, careful not to wrinkle the paper inside. I hated wrinkled papers. 

Patricia was the first to react out of all of us. 

"Damn," she bellowed. "FIVE MILLION DOLLARS?!?"  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

Lol, random. This took me like two hours to write because I kept texting my friend and he was all going Sherlock Holmes on me. Anyway so SeaWorld was fun. On the Steel Eel we sat in the back and these forty - something guys were in front of us and they kept screaming and cussing because they couldn't handle it. It was nothing I was like: . . . is that it? Lol. Then in the waterpark the circle thing that you can tube around in is like two feet nine inches deep and my friend kept getting ran over by crazy people with out - of - control tubes and I was laughing so hard and everyone's just all like WTF!?!?!? And it's like . . . drowning girl, anyone? Then on the Great White this guy with a HUGE afro went on and he all came back with straightened hair. It was cool. Ugh, I don't wanna go back to school. I'm gonna put a bit of Pretty Little Liars in because I read the series and I watched like the last episode. I'M DYING TO KNOW WHO A IS. I think it's Jenna. Or Sean. Bleurgh! So comment, fan me, vote! I posted some new vids on my YouTube, go check them out. 

Youtube.com\/luigilover1000 

Twitter.com\/sparklzzz123 

I have a lot of other socil network accounts but I forgot the links, sorry. :)