Blurred: Chapter 10

Written in the stars, a billion miles away, I'm on my way, oh!  

The music startled me. 

Oh no. Today was the first day of my last year of high school. Perfect.  

I had to hurry; Vanessa would be here any time now. I jumped in the shower.

When I gotten out and had gotten dressed, I heard a call through my house - Vanessa was here. She pranced into my room, wearing a pink cami and light skinny jeans. She had a pink hair straightener in her hands, and the gel that was required to use. I could straighten my hair, no doubt, but Vanessa was a pro at it.  

She straightened my hair while I did my makeup. When she finished we grabbed our bags, not bothering with breakfast - we needed to get there early. 

I wheezed, bending over. "You . . . run fast."  

"You run slowly," Vanessa quipped.  

We entered the glass doors to the school. The blue lockers shined, the newly - waxed floors were slippery under my feet, and yells, laughter, and greetings echoed through the halls. A girl with brown hair and blonde highlights strutted around, flirting with the guys and twittering with the girls. 

And out of the whole hallway, there was not one single redhead.  

Vanessa led me to the office, telling me how cool this school was. The receptionist - Mrs. Cost - happily welcomed me, handing me and Vanessa our schedules. I quickly read over it. 

1st period - History 

2nd period - English Honors 

3rd period - Biology 

4th period - Calculus (Yes!)  

5th period - Lunch 

6th period - Dance  

7th period - Free period\/ Study hall. Seniors may leave school at this time if desired.  

After becoming familiar with my schedule, I handed it to Vanessa. 

"Oh my gosh! We have everything together except dance!" She squealed as we walked to our lockers. 

I spun in the combination on my schedule, and it didn't open. Great. What a lovely way to start off my day.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I groaned, turning to Vanessa. "Do they have a syllabus for everything?" 

She grinned. "Maybe." She turned to a colorful poster, her face brightening. "Oh, hey," she started, walking backwards to the gym. "I wanna try out for cheerleading. See ya tomorrow?" She asked a sorrowful look on her face. I nodded, turning to my locker. I spun in the combination - it opened. "Yes," I said under my breath. There were a few WELCOME! Posters in there and some Hello Kitty stickers stuck on the roof. I'll deal with this later, I thought, slamming the locker.  

"MYTH!" A deep voice echoed down the hall. I quickly took a step backwards, away from my locker. Something hard rammed into my side sending me on my bottom and sliding on the floor. All of the twenty syllabuses spilled out on the floor. I looked up to glare at the person who had bumped into me. 

Then I saw a crouching figure in front of me, swiftly picking up the papers at a fast speed.  

"Jeez! Slow down when you run, that freaking hurt!" I complained, wiping my hands.  

The guy looked up at me, smirking. My heart skipped a beat.  

He obviously gave off an emo - boy aura - but he absolutely wasn't. He looked ?ber hot with the black skinny jeans, red Vans and the tight white t - shirt. His side swept black hair looked dyed - but I had a feeling it was natural.  

He managed to keep the smirk on his face as he stuffed the papers into my hands. I pouted, giving him a look. "Maybe you shouldn't step out into hallways randomly." 

His voice sent familiar chills down my back - like I had met him before, but I hadn't. 

I looked down at the papers, patting them into a somewhat neat pile. He glared at the top of my head - I could tell. Jeez, my roots weren't THAT agitating. He shot up, looking behind his back. I gave him an expectant look, meaning that I couldn't get up because my jeans were too small. Note to self: wear the new clothes Vanessa bought me.  

He leaned down, picking me up like a piece of paper. I blinked a couple of times, trying to steady myself. Then he focused his eyes on the top of my head, parting his bow - shaped lips like he wanted to say something. I looked up at him, wanting to hear his voice again. This guy was tall.  

He snapped out of it, boring his eyes into mine.  

A shade of violet washed over them, like oil on soap and water. He raised his hand, ruffling my hair. "I'm Richard -"  

"MYTH!" 

A body tackled me, sending my papers flying again. I winced when I landed on my stomach, somebody still on top of me. "Get off!" I squealed, growing frustrated. Immediately I felt the weight being lifted off of me. I turned over so that I was sitting on the ground.  

"Haley?" A deathly familiar voice chimed. I gasped, looking up. Richard narrowed his eyes at Robert. 

"No!" I cried, struggling to get up and grab my papers. Tears filled my eyes. "I can't believe you just tackled me!"  

Robert frowned. "What's wrong? You were an ass in your texts." 

A tear spilled this time. Great, cry in front of two of the hottest guys I have ever seen. 

"Don't pretend like you don't know, you jerk!" I cried, grabbing my bag and slipping the papers in. I had to get out of here. He grabbed my arm, his light green eyed pleading. "What did I do?" He demanded. "No! Let go of me!" I whimpered, not being able to take any more. "Just leave me alone!" I chucked my phone at his head, making Richard grin. It slid to his left foot.  

"Jeez, Hales. PMS much?" Robert scowled. Was he retarded?  

I pushed him, but that only made me stumble, not him. No more tears had spilled.  

I ran towards the door, Robert calling after me and Richard cussing him out.