Come fly with me

"Jackie! Can you come down and help me clean?" Claire shouted from downstairs.

"Okay just give me a sec!" She yelled back. She hadn't finished her hair and makeup yet.

"Now!" Her mom shouted again.

"Yes mom I'm coming!" Jackie shouted back.

Clearly not ready for the day she stomped out of her room. Half her hair was curled and half were straight.

"What are you looking at!" She hissed at her brother as she walked by his room. Luke who looked like he was scared for his life, threw his hands up in the air as a sign of peace.

"I didn't even say anything" he defended.
"Yeah but I know what you thought" she hissed again. Jackie wasn't really awake until her hair was done. It was like her morning coffee. Most people were grumpy before they had their morning coffee. Jackie was grumpy before she had gotten her hair done.

It was fine if it just was her around, but if she had to interact with people she was a monster. She thought the people judged her if her hair wasn't perfect so her emotions became stronger as a defense mechanism.

She grimaced at Luke as she continued down the stairs as she stomped for every step down the way.

"What am I supposed to do then" she irritatedly asked her mom.

"You can start with bringing out the trash since your father seems to not be able to do it himself" she said pointing at the trashbag that stood beside the sofa where Phil was sat.

There was a baseball game going on and he couldn't take his eyes of the screen.

Jackie scoffed, grabbed the trash bag and threw it over her shoulder.

"Good morning Dylan" she said with a fake smile. "Have you slept on our porch again because you couldn't stand being too far away from Haley?" She asked still with a fake smile plastered on her face.

He tried to answer but was cut off.

"Don't answer just enter" she said while showing him over exagurating hand movements for him to enter.

"Idiot" she scoffed under her breath as she threw away the trashbag.

She walked back in. Her mother looked horrified.
"Has he really slept on our porch?" She whispered.

"I don't know but he feels like that kind of a person."  She answered.

"You've got a point" she said examining Dylan.

"... That guy there has been stuck on second base for ever and he is trying to steal third. Which is a terrible, terrible idea." Phil paused. "How are you and Haley doing?"

"Omg dad, please let the poor boy be, now you are just annoying" Jackie exclaimed.

"Okay Jackie that's it, go and do your hair" Claire said as she guided Jackie uppstairs.

*

"Gloria, Manny!" Jackie exclaimed as she came down the stairs. She had finally finished her hair and was now a completly diffrent person from who she had been that same morning.

"¡Hola Jackie!" Gloria greeted.

"Wow your hair is beautiful" Manny said almost in a trance.

"Thank you very much Manny, real sweet of you" she said happily. "Oh Gloria I heard you were going shopping! Could I come with? I need to buy a new dress for the wedding we are going to."