• 19 •

oh god.

6:30 p.m.
•••

"you must be george!"

if you had told the george 4 months ago, that he would be moving in with his ex roommates best friend he would have never believed you.

"dream says you're cute, by the way."

hell, if you would have told george 4 months ago that he'd meet his roommates mother less than a week into moving in with his new roommate, he would have laughed in your face.

george reaches his hand out to shake dream's mothers hand,
"hello! ms.-"

"oh please, call me marissa" dream's mother chirps, pulling george into a hug.

george looks at dream who's standing behind his mother, he seems... uncomfortable? maybe it's weird to see his mother like this for the first time since everything happened.

"thank you for having me, george! dream says you're barely settling in, i'm terribly sorry."

"oh no! don't be, it's a pleasure. i'm sorry for you loss, i hope you cope with his passing well."

"i've coped already, thank you. you're too kind, must be why my clay let you move in so quick." dreams mother says with a soft smile, dream coughs to get his mother attention, "mom i'll put your bags in the room." he says as he picks up his mothers bags and walks up the stairs.

"so, he said i'm cute?" george says as he heads for the kitchen. "more or less, he's my son so i automatically know these things." marissa says, as she follows george into the kitchen, they both start laughing.

"prowwww" patches announces, jumping onto the kitchen counter "you must be the lovely patches." marissa coo's at her grand..catter? "prrrrrrr" patches replies, nuzzling into her grandmothers hand. "she's the sweetest cat i've ever met." george speaks up, "would you like some tea? coffee? water? juice?" george says as he opens up the fridge. "i'm okay, thank you." marissa says as she picks up and cradles patches in her arms.

"hey mom! let me know when you want to go lay down or anything so i can show you to the roo-." dream says as he walks into his kitchen.

he stops at the end of his sentence as his eyes land on george, he's smiling and laughing at dreams mom. they're talking about patches who's laying in his mothers arm like a baby.

if you told the dream 4 months ago that he'd be talking to his best friends roommate he'd scoff in your face.

"he's wonderful."

if you told the dream 4 months ago that his mother and his new roommate would be in his kitchen talking about him and his cat, he'd probably think you're crazy.