Chapter 8

"Have you replied to Carina at all?" The best friend asks as she takes a bite of her breakfast. The street they sat along filled with life.

"Nope, not yet." The blonde said, distracted by something else, behind the redhead.

"What are you even looking at?" The best friend asks before turning her head, following the eye line of the blonde to see what she saw. "Oh"

"She's...uhm beautiful," Arizona says shyly. Looking down at the table as the woman notices the gaze of the American. Smirking back at the blonde, causing her to drop her head and blush uncontrollably.

"I can see that. You're practically drooling. Does that mean you're over you know who?" A knowing eyebrow raises from the redhead, a smirk appearing on her face as she sees the sparkle in her best friend's eyes.

"Well, no. I don't know. I can't seem to get her out of my mind. I'm going to sound delusional. But I truly thought we could've built a future together. Carina and I were going so good... well, that's what I thought." The blonde sits up straight, saying all this in a serious tone laced with sadness. Turning her whole body towards her best friend, looking away from the gorgeous lady she was staring at not long before.

"What about a rebound? Before you leave, make the most of it." April reassured, placing one hand on the blondes, squeezing it gently.

"I don't know. I feel like everything reminds me of HER." Pursing her lips as she faked a smile.

"But you were just staring at the woman over there." Both girls turned to look at the woman who was two buildings down. The blonde caught the eye of the woman, and their lingering stare lasted for a minute before the other woman flashed her a smile and turned away, focusing on something else.

"Yea, well, she's Italian... I think? like Carina and has the same loose wavy brunette hair like her, and there is something particularly Carina about her...."

"Okay, why don't we stop comparing everyone to Carina?" The worry in her voice is evident.

"I should call her back. I miss her. I wished what happened didn't happen." A deep breath was taken in between before she said, "I hate that what happened had actually happened but, I hate myself even more for wanting to just forgive and forget and go back to her." Her eyes misted slightly, which she blinked away.

"What do you mean you miss her? How? You saw her last night. You literally snuck out of her bed, her house...this morning." The words hung in the air for a couple seconds.

"I know, but I just miss her. I really liked her."

"You're caving. I'm reminding you because I love you. But, after everything, she cheated on you with Gabriella." The wrinkle on April's forehead deepened as the worried redhead carefully chose the words.

"And I'm back, thanks. But you don't need to keep reminding me." The heaviness in her heart was still present, but she guided her mind... and eyes back to the woman who was now walking towards them.

"You're gonna go back to her if I don't, and you know it."

"Fair." The peds fellow quickly responds as the woman comes up to the blonde.

"Buongiorno, I saw you looking at me before, and I wanted to come over and introduce myself." The well-dressed Italian smiles at both doctors, promptly returning her focus back onto the blonde.

"Hello, I'm Arizona, and this is April. You are?" The blonde introduces the pair in a sing songy voice.

"I'm Gianna, but please call me Gia."

"Nice to meet you, Gia." Both women now stare deeply into each other's eyes while the redhead alternates her eyes between the two, catching on to the slight tension.