Chapter 3

"Oo, you're soo thinking bout her..." The redhead says smugly as she turns her head to see the smiling blonde.

"What?" The blonde gained control over her face again, pressing her lips together to conceal the involuntary smirk. "I was not." She says firmly. "I was thinking about all the... good food we've eaten since we got here." She quickly lies, knowing damn well that she couldn't get the gorgeous brunette off her mind.

"Right... Italian 'food'." She says, emphasising her disbelief with air quotes. "...which includes Carina, right?" The redhead smirks, knowing the blonde like the back of her hand. Chuckling after seeing Arizona's face light up bright red and covering it with both her hands.

"You should really consider a career in stand-up comedy... you know? " The blonde says, muffled through her hands.

"Have you spoken to her since the date? " April asks curiously. Trying to get a read on Arizona.

"No, I haven't." She paused, taking in a deep breath. "She got a call from someone called Gabriella during the date, then asked if we could cut the date early and dropped me home." Arizona let out a big sigh, turning to her side to face the redhead.

"Was that it? Because that's..."

"Ridiculous, I know."

"Stop thinking about her. She was just a good lay; that's it. You've moved on from worse. " The redhead says sincerely, looking into the eyes of the blonde.

"That's the thing, I can't."

"You can't?"

"I can't get her out of my head. She wasn't just a 'good lay'. I mean, she was most definitely, don't get me wrong. But, I don't know... It hurts not being with her." Stopping to catch her breath. "I sound crazy. I don't even know anything about her. I've met her twice but... April, it aches to be away from her. "

April gives her a sympathetic look as she spills her guts about her feelings for Carina. But April knew that her best friend needed right now wasn't blind support. She knew nothing about this girl. They met in a bar. She spent a night with her, and now suddenly, she's stuck on her. In a country where models are the main export, she can't watch her best friend pine over someone she met as a one night stand. "We're going out tonight. We're going to move on from Carina. " April states as she gets up, walking next to Arizona's bed, dragging her up.

"April... I..."

"I'm not taking no for an answer. We didn't come to Italy for you to be all sad about a one night stand." The redhead paces around the room, looking for outfits, when she notices the blonde watching her, slumped in bed still. "Get your sappy ass out of bed before I DRAG YOU OUT wearing what you are... right now." She yells with her hands placed on her hips.

"Okay, okay. God." She says, getting out of bed. "After Dr Hunt's trauma training, you've really gotten... uhm intense." The blonde says, teasing the redhead.

But they both knew that it was true. That day broke April just enough to get her to change her specialty.

"Right, because unlike you. I wasn't excused from it because a baby needed surgery." She said, rolling her eyes.

"What can I say? Saved by the baby." The blonde laughs as she gets dressed.

The redhead felt Arizona's face drops as she moved around the room. She was good when they were talking, but she seemed upset the second they stopped and inhabited the comfortable silence in the room.

"Do you think you're going to text her?"

"Wouldn't that make me seem desperate? "

"Maybe a little, but if it's bothering you this much."