WAIT! He's real?! Chapter 3

Chapter Three

After Jace left, I got in my car and sped away before the girls could catch up. I started brainstorming about ways to keep my "boyfriend" a secret. I went through all of these possibilities like hiring someone for the job, but everything seemed so costly. After hours of thinking about what seemed to be the most impossible task to complete: it hit me. The most genius way to create a person: Facebook

It was perfect! I could find a bunch of pictures without a face of random, similar looking dudes. Add a bunch of people as friends saying I'm going to move to their school soon. People believe anything if you give them enough researched information...

This could be easy after all. I immediately searched the app store and downloaded one of those free texting applications. That way he had a cell phone number that people...and his girlfriend (me) could text him from. Oh my goodness. I am brilliant.

I programmed his number into my cell under his name: Garrett Cross. My perfect boyfriend. Let the games begin.

I texted the girls and told them if they could hold off all of their questions until the weekend, I would tell them all they wanted to know about him at our sleepover. There were lots of facts in his backup story to get straight and figure out. I needed to fatten up his facebook profile before I added them as well.

So I started my research and made this fantasy real. Well, sort of half-real...

*Friday*

The girls were giddy all day in anticipation of my new boyfriend. I can't believe they lasted all week in not asking any questions. It was truly an amazing feat for teenage girls.

They were especially excited because Garrett and I had just recently become facebook official. They couldn't wait to find out more about him, though I know for a fact they have already studied as much information as possible from stalking his page.

I haven't really talked to Jace about any of this yet. I know he knows, though. His whole family does. His mom came over and grilled me about him yesterday. He has to know. I haven't talked with him since Tuesday... I'm starting to miss being strangled in his arms. Oh well, he'll turn up.

*later*

Lucy, Gemma, and Rae are coming over soon and I still have so much to do. I just got home from the grocery store and was putting away our junk food, when I noticed the afternoon's mail on the counter. There was a letter addressed to me.

I was so excited and did a little dance. I LOVE MAIL! I then tried to guess who it could be from... There was no address label. That means someone just stuck it in the mailbox. The strangest part about it was my name was typed on. None of it was hand-written. I then opened the letter and was disappointed by the black, uniform words I saw. Hand-written letters are just much more special.

I was really sad, until I read the letter. It began:

Avery,

You are the best. I have something to tell you, but I just couldn't bring myself to say it in person, so I decided to write it down and give it to you. Here it goes... I've admired you for a long time. I think you are sweet and kind and really funny. I like you a lot. Something happens when you look at me, it's like I can't speak. When you smile or blush, my knees get weak. I don't understand what you're doing to me, but I don't have a problem with it. When I look into your eyes, I see so much passion and life. It makes me want to learn and know all your secrets, even if it takes forever. My heart is telling me so many things. Is yours?

-Your Secret (and also devilishly handsome) Admirer

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" all three girls screamed after they read the note.