Chapter 5

Two figures...

Standing around a table...

One dressed in black the other dressed in white.

Chaos...

Hope...

Together...

On the table before them was a chess board.

But it wasn't an ordinary game...

The game was chaotic and was hard to understand when first looking at it. The different pieces were scattered across the board, only a few being scattered across the playing field. The figure dressed in black was sitting calmly in his chair, holding a pawn that had been knocked out of the game for a while. On the other side of the table, the figure dressed in white was standing, both hands gripping the edge of the table. They were holding a knight in their fist as they just glared down at the board in frustration. The two were at a stalemate but it was clear that the figure dressed in black had a slight advantage.

As the two watched the chess board the pisces seemed to float across the flat playing surface. It was like the pieces were alive as they moved on their own, the two figures only able to move them certain ways. The two figures were trying their best to change the way the pieces moved but their efforts were useless as the pieces moved and had minds of their own. The one dressed in black didn't seem to care much, letting most of the pieces wander their own ways. But the one dressed in white was the opposite. They tried to move the pisces in certain ways and in other directions only for them to disobey and go a different path.

Destruction was starting to get a little frustrated.

"The timeline has changed... The pieces are starting to move more on their own. They're making their own futures and their own decisions that don't match what we've planned," The figure in white said suddenly and the other just let out a simple hum. The figure in white seemed to get a little more irritated but kept their composure as they let out a small sigh. They took a pawn in their hand and moved it forward one space and the figure in black just moved their own pawn forward, blocking the other's piece. But then the pawns just moved away on their own, changing the game once more. The figure in white growled a bit under their breath before sighing as they stepped away from the board.

"We need to put things back to how they were before... They're becoming more aware. They're starting to gain memories from what was supposed to be. One even got their hands on a book that I had left behind during one of my visits to the real world. They found a way to time travel and see every possibility of the timeline. Of course the human couldn't handle it and is now facing the consequences... But the flashes... Their world is slowly breaking... Our world is slowly breaking. We need to send a piece back into play. We need to RESET the timeline," The white figure insisted as he held his knight over the chess board.

"But they're happy... Why don't we see how this timeline turns out? Maybe we could change the original timeline and make it so the horrors of the future never existed. Our pieces in the SMP seem to have a great impact on how the timeline changes. Besides- The whole reason the timeline changed was because you and I tried to push it in either direction... Right? You tried to create destruction while all I did was try and make them have a little hope. It's not my fault that your own knight put itself out of play," The figure in black asked and the other just scoffed and put the knight piece down onto the table next to the chess board.

"BUT IT'S ALL WRONG! YOU TRIED TO CHANGE THE TIMELINE WHILE I TRIED TO PUT IT BACK ON TRACK!" The other boomed but the other figure at the other side of the table seemed unphased. All they did was sit up in their chair, putting the pawn they were holding down onto the table as well. The white figure just cleared their throat and sat down on their chair, leaning forward and looking over the chess board.